PDA

View Full Version : TOD point appears again in approach

mmakela
01-08-2010, 11:40 AM
Has anyone this same odd thing with boeing or Airbus.
When I have passed TOD point all seems ok and my AC is
descending. But, it seems thad this TOD point did not disappear
from my flight plan and it is there just before final 20miles from
destination. It is higher than other waypoints before and after it.
It also has faster speed definition than others, so this causes odd
behaviour. AC starts to climb and speed up suddenly. I cannot
delete or modify this TOD point. I guess this problem came up with last summer updates? Am I only to have this?

mmakela
01-10-2010, 01:02 PM
OK! this happens, when I push ALT button as I pass TOD point? I can see that navdata is not correct, so it needs editing.
(I use Navigraph) Otherwise my AC cannot follow the vertical route. It can be a flight model problem (IFDG A320-214), not PM related.
My AC does not lose its speed enough in approach. Vertical deviation is too big. I'm too high when I approach my destination.
A real pilot who tried my sim noticed this also. He said the plane is too cessna-like and the navdata looks quite strange.
This AC model can cause most of the problems we see with PM. Maybe one day PM releases their own flight models of all aircrafts they have systems for. That could save our time and definitely their time.
---
Hint! Edit the eyepoint to the left if You fly as a captain. Itis unrealistic if your eyepoint is in the center of the cockpit.
You can check this by putting your AC exactly to the centerline of RWY. The use keyboard commands to move your eyepoint.
If captain, your RWY center line should be lined exactly between PFD and ND windows. (In case you have a build cockpit)