PDA

View Full Version : How to use speech recognition over a network tutorial

Suggy
01-02-2010, 06:16 PM
Hello all.

I have written a small tutorial to show you how you can use a free speech recognition software to give commands to FS9 (FSX) using a microphone over a network.

The tutorial can be found in the 'Tutorials' section (Microsoft FS9 Miscellaneous).

My cockpit at the moment has only one projector. Unfortunately I do not have the space to add any more. This can make it difficult taxiing around airports as my field of view is somewhat restricted.

My solution is to use voice activation to switch views when needed e.g. forward left, forward right etc.

This tuturial is ideal for those who use, for example, SquawkBox + microphone, on a computer which is not runing FS9 and still at the same time want to use voice activation.

It works beautifully!

Best wishes,
Darren Sugden

litebkt
01-10-2010, 06:13 PM
Okay..... I must be a real dork cause I can't find your tutorial. Can you be a bit more definitive on where it is located or perhaps a URL? I could really use this!

Thanks Darren.

Michelle

Suggy
01-10-2010, 06:42 PM
Hi, Michelle.
It was there before the change to the web site!
Darren

Matt Olieman
01-10-2010, 07:06 PM
Hi, Michelle.
It was there before the change to the web site!
Darren

It will be back. The tutorial section was an independent program from what we are using now and have not brought over all tutorials. Sorry for the inconvenience :(

Suggy
01-10-2010, 07:09 PM
Thanks, Matt.

Anyway, I have put it up in Skydrive.

In the meantime, Michelle, here is a link to the file:

http://cid-7a1a0ce11d71c016.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Public%20Documents

Regards,
Darren

litebkt
01-13-2010, 11:20 PM
Thanks! This is a very interesting article.

Thanks, Matt.

Anyway, I have put it up in Skydrive.

In the meantime, Michelle, here is a link to the file:

http://cid-7a1a0ce11d71c016.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Public%20Documents

Regards,
Darren

colt45
01-17-2010, 11:11 PM
:roll:Darren,

Finally got around to giving this a try and must say again THANKS. Your tutorial was excellent and I had it working in no time. Well almost no time. If I had been playing very close attention I would have noticed there is no space between the words Button and Keys in the command used in wideclient.ini. :roll: Once I picked up on that it was a breeze.

Cheers, Dave