PDA

View Full Version : Belated Christmas gift from LewisAire Virtual Airlines

Garry2009
12-26-2009, 09:49 AM
Happy Holidays, everyone!

Well, I'm here to keep my word, folks. I joined this forum looking for some help building a windshield wiper gauge in XML. Apparently most of you aren't heavy into XML so I didn't get any response from that. However, I did promise that if (when) I got them working, I'd offer them to anyone here who might have use for them.

That time has come...they're done and working like a dream. Credit goes out to a great chap named Roman on AVSIM for helping with some of the tricky XML code. You can watch a little movie-clip of them in action (http://www.lewisaire.com/Wipers.html), and I'll apologize now for the poor video quality. As you'll see, I can be quite the "ham", but I'm not a very good movie producer. :roll:

If any of you guys want these, let me know and I'll see that you get the whole wiper package; XML code for the wipers and the seperate wiper switch, graphic images, all of it. FYI: These are not restricted to any single aircraft; you can plug 'em into any aircraft or vehicle. The movie shows them installed in an 18-wheel log truck that I built to work in our lumbering operations on the airline. One last thing...I designed them for FS9; dunno whether or not they'll work in FSX.

Have a good one,
Garry and the gang at LewisAire

Matt Olieman
12-26-2009, 10:46 AM
I love it!!!! :) :) Particularly the truck with all it's gadgets (radios) :) :) :)

Nice gift Garry, thanks for sharing I'll have to get a hold of a truck and wipers :) :) :)

Thanks Garry :)

Garry2009
12-26-2009, 11:00 AM
Hi Matt:

I can't speak for others, but I have loads of fun designing this crazy stuff for my LewisAire guys and for others to enjoy...Do you want the whole truck, wipers and all?

Email me if you do; I'll give you the link.

Garry
(admin@lewisaire.com)

P.S. That offer is good for anyone who will actually use it and enjoy it.