PDA

View Full Version : Another terrorist attempt

ken1574
12-25-2009, 09:03 PM
Does this always have to happen around the holyist day of the year or at all for that matter.:-x:sad:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032619/vp/34592138#34592138

Ken

BHawthorne
12-25-2009, 10:10 PM
Does this always have to happen around the holyist day of the year or at all for that matter.:-x:sad:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032619/vp/34592138#34592138

Ken

When religion is used as an excuise, about anything irrational can happen. It might be a holy day for you as a Chraistian, but the person who attempted the the terrorist act was claiming to do it on behalf of al Qaeda, which is radical terrorist Muslum.

Captain_Eirik
12-27-2009, 08:18 PM
The thing I'd like the DHS to realize is that it is the other passengers who stopped it again. Instead of placing more stupid restrictions on the passengers, perhaps they should give us something to use to defend ourselves. ;)

PDT 200
12-28-2009, 12:40 AM
And the news media goes on about Corp. Execs flying in Corp jets as if that's something bad and evil. New security measures are now going into effect that hampers passengers even more while really doing nothing to promote security. I'm not going to rehash why Execs fly their own aircraft rather than fly commercial. You can read all about from AOPA.
Regards,
Brian

Captain_Eirik
12-28-2009, 09:43 AM
It does kind of boggle the mind that even with everything already in place that this individual got onto the plane to begin with. (one way ticket, paid for in cash, no checked luggage, even on the terror list...) and nobody blinked. Sadly, it is going to affect the children the most as now they can't go to the bathroom (and have more difficulty than most adults in holding it,) for the last hour. and now they aren't supposed to have anything to keep them occupied?

Wow. I really wish I could get my pilots license. Just fly myself, and then I could at least land and let them go to the bathroom. Oh well, can't pass medical, guess I can just start planning to drive more until the kids get older

tasmanet
12-29-2009, 12:41 AM
It does kind of boggle the mind that even with everything already in place that this individual got onto the plane to begin with. (one way ticket, paid for in cash, no checked luggage, even on the terror list...) and nobody blinked.

one way ticket, paid for in cash, no checked luggage,

even on the terror list "put on it by his Father but this
did not seem to have moved him to a higher level"

Stopped from re-entering the U.K. as he was caught out lying
on his new Visa application but was allowed to transit the U.K.

etc etc etc