PDA

View Full Version : new Member looking for "simple" cockpit

pplir2000
12-19-2009, 09:18 AM
Hello everybody

I am an active flight sim pilot who feels that it is time to upgrade to something a bit more realistic. I don't want to go the whole hog and turn my back room into a cockpit so I would appreciate any info, links etc to a design for a simple set-up, perhaps with an autopilot panel,radio panel etc.

Looking forward to any suggestions.

PPlir2000

Matt Olieman
12-19-2009, 09:55 AM
Hello and welcome, you'll find lot's of answers by looking around. Many of our fellow sim pilots do the same as you are doing.

Someone will come along and answer your questions and make suggestions, there is plenty of advise to go around :) :) :) and they love it.

Glad you've joined us and we look forward to hear/see how your project is going.

No Longer Active
12-19-2009, 03:32 PM
Hello Mate....

Welcome to mycockpit, are you into flying GA aircraft or the big jets? Props maybe....or UFO's on x-plane? lol

Its all going on in here.....

You can pretty much build a generic cockpit for either 1 or 2 pilots, its pretty cheap to go down the LCD route, or you can network some PCs etc to display gauges and visuals etc.

You looking at building anything such as your MIP (main inst. panel) or radios etc?....

Tell us more......

Kind Regards

Alex

Geremy Britton
12-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Welcome to MyCockpit.org PPlir2000 :)

Joe Cygan
12-19-2009, 05:26 PM
PPlir2000 welcome to mycockpit!

pplir2000
12-21-2009, 06:01 PM
Hello Mate....

Welcome to mycockpit, are you into flying GA aircraft or the big jets? Props maybe....or UFO's on x-plane? lol

Its all going on in here.....

You can pretty much build a generic cockpit for either 1 or 2 pilots, its pretty cheap to go down the LCD route, or you can network some PCs etc to display gauges and visuals etc.

You looking at building anything such as your MIP (main inst. panel) or radios etc?....

Tell us more......

Kind Regards

Alex

Hi Alex

Thanks for the reply. I am into jet airliners (Fokker 100, Boeing 737 etc).
The initial thing that puzzles me, is that on pictures I have seen of sim set-ups,I can't figure out how to channel the signals to an autopilot panel or radio panel, so that what you see on your monitor(s) is just the view outside, and not repeating the view ot the instrument panels that you get in cockpit view in FS2004. If I had the answer to that then maybe I could move forward.

Cheers

Ed Green