PDA

View Full Version : How do you improve the look of the AI aircraft..

Spoceto1003
12-11-2009, 05:04 PM
I have FS9, I have add ons for Airports and i have Traffic 2005 add on, the outside views are fine, but the AI aircraft appear slightly burred on there company logos... I have set the display configuration to its highest in the aircraft box, but this doesn't seem to change the AI aircraft

Can anyone suggest anything to retify this

Thanks

mpl330
12-12-2009, 08:03 AM
Hi,

Replace your ai aircraft models with better ones from Ai-aardvark or world of ai from places such as avsim - they will look better and give better frame rates...

Cheers
Mike

Spoceto1003
12-12-2009, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the reply Mike............ it shows that if you ask the question someone may know the answer...
However you post has triggered another question I see on the Ai Aardvark site the list of AI aircraft. Do I download the aircraft one by one....and then where do I put them in the Fs9 folder, and do I need to delete any of the AI aircraft in FS9....

Thanks for replying Andy :D

mpl330
12-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Hi,

Couple of options on this...
1) Use the WofAI packages and then download the installer and all the fleets you would like to see...
2) Replace the aircraft used by traffic2005 with the downloaded aircraft.

I dont have traffic 2005 but use Ultimate Traffic and in this package you can map the aircraft it uses in the traffic.bgl file to the new aircraft downloaded, these are installed in the Aircraft folder in fs9 with names such as aia_737_500 etc. and then each repaint goes inside that folder with a correspondng entry in the aircraft.cfg file....

Cheers
Mike

Spoceto1003
12-12-2009, 06:30 PM
Thanks again Mike..........

I have downloaded the WofAI installer and I am currently downloading aircraft fleets, I have installed some.....some I have seen of FS but other aren't immediately visible...maybe they are flying at other airports.

A big thanks.......... at least I can update my AI stock in weeks to come.

Andy :D