PDA

View Full Version : Eek - think i've done it now

mpl330
12-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Hi,

Any PS-One screen users out there?
I was doing some 'maintenance' on the sim and for some reason plugged a monitor back into my sim pc3 that runs PM cdu and displays the screen on ps-one screens via the tv out on the gpu. Now if I boot the pc no display comes on the ps-one screens and it will only show anything if the monitor is connected on its own - it used to span display.
If I connect power to the screens without them being connected to the pc i cant see any change on the screens - not even as though they are back lit waiting for an input... Any one any ideas?
Should there be an LED on the ps-one board that lights when it gets power? At the moment I cant tell whether the power is blown or the screen is shot or the problem is with the output from the gpu to the tv out :-(

Any help gratefully received...
Cheers
Mike

steveeverson
12-09-2009, 07:28 PM
oops! - have you tried connecting it to anything else with a yellow RCA composite plug- camcorder, dvd player etc. That should verify if its the screen giving a problem or the PC. Otherwise bring it down when you come on monday and we can test it here (no sneaky swapping it with my one!) - come to think of it i'll have a look on mine to see if theres any lights.
cheers
Steve

steveeverson
12-09-2009, 07:39 PM
sim all switched off but had a look at my OC cdu and cant see any lights. Will be able to do a proper test tomorrow eve mate.
Have you checked your monitor/video settings on the PC?- sounds like it has sensed a monitor attached and switched off the tv out or changed the resolution
Steve

PS the backlighting only comes on with a valid video input as far as i remember