PDA

View Full Version : A man in need

flightsox
12-08-2009, 05:03 PM
HI ALL,
IM IN SOME TROUBLE I KILLED MY MCP UPDATING THE FIRMWARE CPFLIGHT RS232 ANY WAY IM IN NEED OF A NEW ONE AND WOULD LIKE TO ASK IF ANY ONE IS SELLING ON OR KNOWS ANYONE THAT IS COULD YOU CONTACT ME. LIKE MOST OF US I HAVE NO MONEY BUT I DO HAVE A FLIGHT DECK SOLUTIONS FMC AND EPIC USB MODULE AND A 19" LCD SCREEN THAT IS BRAND NEW I HAVE JUST TAKEN OUT OF THE CASE TO PUT BEHIND THE MIP AND THEN CHANGED. ALSO THE FMC COMES WITH 7" SCREEN AND MAYBE SOME CASH LOL

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPTIALS

REGARDS BRENDON :rolleyes:

kermit
12-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Hi , please can you explane the problems ?
is it software or hardware.
I have had a MCP with a powerloss during upgrading firmware,resulting on a dead MCP.
Paolla of Cpflight suggested to backwind the upgrade by using the old firmware.
Or you could ship to cpflight and have it repaired for a little fee
greetz

Sean Nixon
12-08-2009, 06:32 PM
Yes, I'm almost certain it'll be fixable.

And don't you still need the FMC???

flightsox
12-09-2009, 10:17 AM
Hi chaps well what happen is i read the pdf that came with the firmware and followed it to the letter it would erase the firmware no problems but when it came to update it says toggle power supply and then no communication
the light would flicker and the program would ok but mcp does not work :roll:

also i picked up the mcp and something was rattleing in side i took of the back and ther was a rectifier inside i dont know if it was a stray or belongs to the mcp well u know use lot bits and bobs flying all over the place :lol:

so may be i could get it repaired

thanks chap any more ideas i could try would be most helpfull

regards brendon

flightsox
12-09-2009, 10:18 AM
oh the fds cdu i could sell to help get my mcp working again so any offer welcome send me a pm;)

Sean Nixon
12-09-2009, 10:35 AM
post this on the cpflight forum.

flightsox
12-09-2009, 10:39 AM
iv sent email to cpflight thanks guy for the replys :D