PDA

View Full Version : Projection Screen Paint

FredK
12-08-2009, 09:59 AM
Any experience or suggestions regarding paint for a DIY projection screen? I know there has been some discussion of the subject here and elsewhere (for example, "black widow", etc.), albeit not recent.

I couple of weeks ago I made an internet purchase from PaintOnScreen here in the U.S. The transaction went through on my credit card and the company website promised 24 hour shipment. However I have not received the purchase as yet, and the FedEx tracking number they provided indicates that the item was never picked-up as scheduled. The company has not responded to any of my e-mails and several telephone calls. I surmise there is a company business problem although their website is still up advertising a "holiday season" discount. So I am now looking for an alternative.

Thanks,
Fred K

Spatate
12-08-2009, 11:49 AM
I did a screen that worked fine in my old house..

you need a medium grey.. FLAT... grey must not be too dark, but not to pale as well... you will find a pretty good color response from your projector like that

BHawthorne
12-08-2009, 01:40 PM
A few of the DIY home theater forums have formulas for projector screen paint. I looked them up about 6 months ago via google. Theoretically, all you need to know is the mix and just go to Home Depot and have them mix it for you.