PDA

View Full Version : Use a PDA for the FMC screen

shearder
11-28-2009, 02:16 AM
Hi all

I am wondering about a thought/idea i have. Is it possible to integrate, or use, a PDA with FS(x)? I was thinking about using my PDA for the FMC screen. Is that possible??

i have 2 which i am not currently using. One is a Fujitsu Siemens Loox and the other a HP. I would rather use the FSC as the screen is a little bigger and it is cheaper and obsolete hehehe

OR, the alternative, what FMC software is available that i could have the screen as a "gauge" on a 17" monitor, separate pc, with the keypad built above it in one corner. Hope that makes sense... the 17" would act as the MFD below the MIP and would be "divided" so right half would be the MFD and top left corner would be the "gauge/screen" for the FMC...

Thanks in advance. I intend using Sim Avionics but I can't find if this is possible. I guess i should get the manual BUT my question is about using a PDA :)

autocadplease
11-28-2009, 02:51 AM
This isn't 100% what your looking for, but might be worth a look http://www.simtouch.eu/

You might be able to run some PDA software and use FSUIPC's GSPOut to interface with FSX. I use it to run Jeppesen's Jeppview.

Michael S
11-28-2009, 04:25 AM
OR, the alternative, what FMC software is available that i could have the screen as a "gauge" on a 17" monitor, separate pc, with the keypad built above it in one corner. Hope that makes sense... the 17" would act as the MFD below the MIP and would be "divided" so right half would be the MFD and top left corner would be the "gauge/screen" for the FMC...

That´s exactly what I intend to do. I want to use the PMDG 737 and I think it should be possible with the undocked fmc gauge from pmdg. The hardware keyboard could be assigned via FSUIPC mouse macro´s (Despite the fact that I´m not experienced with those mouse macros).

Peter Dowson
11-28-2009, 06:59 AM
I guess i should get the manual BUT my question is about using a PDA :)

Check out a little program called "SideWindow" from Innobec. If your PDA uses WindowsCE (like, for instance, an iPaq) it works very well. It makes the PDA's screen an extension of your normal video. You just position your instrument window on it normally, drag and drop.

http://www.innobec.com/index.php?page=sidewindow_en

I'm using it on an iPaq for the Radar Contact menu, shown by "ShowText" on a WideFS client PC. But I don't see why it couldn't be used for anything and the touch sensitive screen does work as a mouse click as you'd expect.

Regards

Pete

shearder
11-28-2009, 11:50 AM
MANY thanks for the responses guys!! That looks VERY interesting Peter- i will certainly try it out as i have an iPAQ :)