PDA

View Full Version : Tablet PC for remote CDU

korki
11-17-2009, 12:30 PM
I was wondering if there is any way of using my old tablet pc as a remote CDU
gauge for PMDG 737. My tablet pc has 8" touch screen, network adaptor and runs over windows 2000. I have already tried Maxivista and everything was fine except that I couldn't use the touch screen to enter commands (only by mouse from the server pc). I asked Maxivista programmers and they answered that it is not possible to use client's touch screen and they working to find a solution for this. I hope they will come up with something... I checked also Project magenta but it is very expensive for me. I also tried vasfmc but It was not what I was looking for. So, are there any other ideas? I would be very glad to make this work!!!

Makis

Ronson2k9
11-18-2009, 12:58 PM
This perhaps would be better in the General Builders Forum.. This is the General Aircraft forum.

korki
11-18-2009, 05:38 PM
ok, you are right, I will do as you say.
thanks, Makis

jopie_60
10-31-2011, 08:23 AM
I was wondering if there is any way of using my old tablet pc as a remote CDU ..................

There is an app (pay) by iDisplay. With this app it is able to use the tablet as an seperate screen. It seem to be oke but NOT for FSX.
When I move te FMC window to the tablet it's looks good cause a can see the FMC, but when I complted the move the window on the tablet becomes totaly black.:(

korki
11-01-2011, 08:07 PM
I minwhile got a 8" TFT TouchScreen monitor and manage to set it up for use with the CDU. But I will check IDisplay because I still want to use my tablet. It has 10" monitor and it will be better. Thanks for your reply!