PDA

View Full Version : DIY projector using overhead projector?

nosecone
11-03-2009, 07:51 PM
Hi all

I have seen some great do it yourself projectors using the good old ohp a cheap lcd monitor , some fans and a little bit of know how.

I came across a flat panel ohp similar to this one
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p178/hsvgto/2-2.jpg

I was wondering if you place that on top of a lcd or even crt monitor would that do a similair job?
Ok its an out there question but I guess one I had to ask :idea:

Rhys

dodiano
11-03-2009, 08:28 PM
I actually saw a similar idea like 10 years ago my friend when Projectors where abit more expensive an LCD displays expensive... Man has it been that long? It did had some issues if I can recall !

Regards,

Roberto

Joe Cygan
11-03-2009, 08:35 PM
Don't waste your time on this one. Old-school!

Hi all

I have seen some great do it yourself projectors using the good old ohp a cheap lcd monitor , some fans and a little bit of know how.

I came across a flat panel ohp similar to this one
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p178/hsvgto/2-2.jpg

I was wondering if you place that on top of a lcd or even crt monitor would that do a similair job?
Ok its an out there question but I guess one I had to ask :idea:

Rhys

David Withers
11-04-2009, 07:13 AM
dont go there rys....its all bad. give the credit card a little spank on ebay

MartinK
11-04-2009, 07:45 AM
I went that route a few months back but instantly returned. It simply doesn't provide a bright enought picture compared to a beamer.
Even with the sim room in complete darkness the picture still doesn't look good.
Also, very difficult to use when your picture needs to be projected over the top of your pit. You need quite a construction to make these things be stable and to avoid the LCD drops off.

In 3 words: DON'T DO IT!!!!

Cheers,

Martin

Just in case you guys are a bit stuburn: I still have 3 overhead projectors for sale (and an LCD screen in parts) :):):)

nosecone
11-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Thanks guys. It always pays to check these things out.

Rhys