PDA

View Full Version : Calling good Pilots

Steve A
11-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Some of you guys know im well on my way with my little build and im still learning and creating.
When it comes to actually flying its pretty much the same story, Im creating some strange approaches :mrgreen: and generally flying around like a complete amateur at the controls of my 737-800 lol

So can you more experienced pilots tell me where i am going wrong with my auto throttle. When i try and engage a/t my mcp lights momentarily and then cancels itself out, lighting the annunciator on the mip, its the same with speed and n1, I know its not a hardware problem because the same thing happens in the virtual cockpit, and i did fluke a flight once with a/t engaged, so is it something to do with me not flying the aircraft properly? :?:?

choffmann
11-03-2009, 03:34 PM
Hi Steve,

which aircraft model do you use: default, PIC, PMDG or other? Is it on FS9 or FSX?

Chris

Steve A
11-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Sorry, should have mentioned Pmdg 737-800 with fs9 ;)

Holclo
11-03-2009, 05:57 PM
Check your Ohead Panel. If Gen 1 and Gen 2 are not engaged(i.e. the blue annunciators are still lit) then the A/T will do as you describe.
Bill

Steve A
11-04-2009, 04:16 PM
Check your Ohead Panel. If Gen 1 and Gen 2 are not engaged(i.e. the blue annunciators are still lit) then the A/T will do as you describe.
Bill

Thankyou Bill, exactly as you said ;)

Holclo
01-25-2010, 07:44 AM
Not quite sure what your question is. Maybe engaged is the wrong word but I was answering to solve the original poster's problem
Look in your overhead panel and find the Gen1 and Gen 2 switches- bottom left. If the blue light above them is illuminated then flick the switch until the blue light is no longer illuminated. That will bring the electrics online. Hope this helps.
Bill