PDA

View Full Version : Serious Scenery Problem - Please Help

Terry214
11-03-2009, 11:49 AM
I would first like to introduce myself to everyone, my name is Terry and I have been visiting this site and getting tips and information for the past 2 years on how to build my own flight deck. I am currently building a Boeing 737/767 cockpit that I like to refer to as my Boeing 7367 and thanks to this site it is coming along very nicely.

Now to my problem at hand.

I am having a very strange issue with FSX SP2 in that I can only load airports that are in the Eastern Part of North America for example ...KIAD, KORD, KSTL, KATL. When I try to load airports located in the Western Part of North America such as KLAX, KPHX, KSEA, KDEN FSX simply hangs and I have to reboot. It does not matter if I am in the Flight Planner or if I am on the Main screen and try to change my location. If I reference any Airport that is in Western North America FSX hangs. The Eastern airports all load and work fine.

Any thoughts or ideas on what is causing this are welcomed. This is really bad because the problem still remains even after restoring from a backup. The only way I can get the Western North America airports to load is by reinstalling FSX.

Terry214
11-04-2009, 12:10 PM
I was able to solve the problem with out having to reinstall FSX and all my addons, drivers, updates, tweaks, service packs and who knows what else from scratch.

The problem was related to corrupted files located in my scenery folder. I listed the steps that I took to resolve my problem below. Hopefully they can help others who may run into this problem.

1. Copied my corrupted version of FSX to a seperate temporary folder called "Bad Version".
2. Copied my "Documents and Settings\user name\application data\Microsoft\FSX folder to a temporary location and copied my "Documents and Settings\user name\my documents\Flight Simulator X folder to a temporary location so that they can be copied back later
3. Uninstalled FSX- Then ReInstalled FSX and the service packs to the Origional FSX location
4. Copied the new install of FSX to another seperate temporary folder called "New Version"
5. Copied the corrupted version of FSX from the "Bad Version " folder back into the orgional FSX location
5. Copied the Scenery Folder from the "New Version" temporary folder into the origional FSX location
6. Copied the "Documents and Settings\user name\application data\Microsoft\FSX folder " back to its origional location and copied "Documents and Settings\user name\my documents\Flight Simulator X" folder back to its orgional location.
7. Started flight Simulater and let it rebuild the Scenery Indexes and database.
8. DO A NEW BACKUP OF YOUR DISK DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!