PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone see this - REX for FS9? Looks amazing!

ddimm
10-31-2009, 09:14 AM
I have REX (Real Environment Extreme) for FSX and it looks amazing. It appears that a full version for FS9 will be released soon and it looks awesome! A bit more life in my FS9!

Check out the screen shots in the forum.

http://realenvironmentxtreme.com/forum/index.php?board=14.0

CrashEd
11-01-2009, 05:36 PM
Looks very nice, and it seems you get a discount off REX2 for FSX as well if you have that too (as I do).

Drewsta
03-26-2010, 09:02 AM
I use rex for FS9 and its totally revamped the entire exerience! Awsome weather and textures. Your frame rates do take a hit in extreme weather that covers a broad area.

Drewsta

Matt Olieman
03-26-2010, 01:44 PM
I use rex for FS9 and its totally revamped the entire exerience! Awsome weather and textures. Your frame rates do take a hit in extreme weather that covers a broad area.

Drewsta

I got a bit excited reading this :) :) :)

I bought it when it first came out, but their was some issues with getting it to work, so did others. I've forgotten about it, so I thought I would download the latest and greatest, only to find out, after a lengthy process of downloading.... it would only download 4 out of 8 files, said my FS2Go file was out of date :( :( :( Oh well, must wait a bit longer until I get a response from SUPPORT :)

Anyway, thanks for the update Drewsta :) Look forward to getting to see the good stuff :) :) :)

colt45
03-27-2010, 04:49 PM
Hi Matt,

Have you received a response from the support folks? I too am having troubles with the download of the large zip file. The download quits at less than 5% of the total file size and of course when I try to extract it there is nothing there. I have also sent an email to them for assistance. Just wondering if you have been able to resolve your problems.

Thanks, Dave

Matt Olieman
03-27-2010, 05:33 PM
Got a response at the REX forum but unfortunately it didn't work, so still working on it.

Check here, might have an answer for you.

http://realenvironmentxtreme.com/forum/index.php?board=19.0

Drewsta
03-27-2010, 06:25 PM
Hi guys, I was flying the conquest around in FS9 the other day using REX(2004). I still can't believe how much this addon really improves the entire feel of the game. The texures are amazing and not just for the clouds etc but also runway, taxiway, markings, sky, sunset, dawn, sun, runway lighting, aircraft lighting and more! The oceans and inland waterways are now the colours you expect them to be and can be customised too! This addon mixed with great scenery and now using Nhancer I can run with mip mapping at 8! I will write a seperate thread on that one. Fs9 has new life now and I feel no need to rush for fsx for some time. I will post some cool screen shots very soon.!

Drewsta

Matt Olieman
03-27-2010, 06:37 PM
Drewsta, what are your specs of your computer and what frame rates are you getting.

Still hoping to get my issues resolved, so I can enjoy the REX experience :)

colt45
03-27-2010, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the link Matt. Appears there are many occurences of people having troubles with downloading the file. I tried to download with my AV turned off as per one suggestion but no joy. I don't know how to get the FSS2GO tool you and others mention. For now I have submitted a support ticket at FSS and will await their response.

Cheers, Dave

Matt Olieman
03-27-2010, 07:02 PM
I'm sure you bought REX through http://flightsimstore.com/ Go to your account and you should be able to find the products you've bought and download your product. The product is FSS2Go, FSS2Go will then download all the files you need to install REX.

Hope that helps :)

colt45
03-27-2010, 08:03 PM
Thanks Matt. I can't even load the FSS2GO product as that download has been shutting down at 11 MB tops of the 962MB required. Seems I am still a ways away from getting to the REX files themselves. Will keep poking away at this to see if I can get anywhere. In the mean time I will wait to see what response I get from my ticket.

Cheers, Dave

Drewsta
03-27-2010, 08:50 PM
Drewsta, what are your specs of your computer and what frame rates are you getting.

Still hoping to get my issues resolved, so I can enjoy the REX experience :)

Hi Matt, I'm running a core 2 duo E6600 @2.7ghz with 4 gig ram (3.2 useable with xp32 bit) and 8800gt 512mb, 550watt.

All sliders set to full righ , now including MIP MAPPING at 8.

Addons used : Ultimate terrain usa, UK , various addon airports, REX 2004 all running at 1680x1050 and average FPS 25-40 (set at 40) and in real heavy weather it drops to 12-15fps. NOTE: at the lower frame rates it is producing alot of wide spread high detail weather scenarios.
Cheers
Drewsta

colt45
03-27-2010, 09:54 PM
Just wanted to note that I have been able to successfully download and install REX for FS9 on my system. I deleted the Temporary Internet files after my initial unsuccessful attempts and then added a download manager (GetRight) to my system. After that I was able to download the zip file. It had to resume the download 4 times but in the end it was OK.

Now I need to go play with REX to see what we can get out of it.

Thanks, Dave

Nick1150
10-20-2010, 07:45 AM
Hi,

I just purchased REX for FS9 yesterday night. The download and the installation was straight forward, but I didn't have the time yesterday to fly with this new addon... I hope I will today late at night again after getting back from work.

Just curious...

Is there any manual on this thing ? Only the exe file was downloaded.

This program is add on to FS9 by default ?

Or one has to run REX before or after FS9.exe ?

Sorry for the stupid questions, but I didn't have the time to play with it last night.

Thanks

Boeing 747 Flyer
10-20-2010, 10:27 AM
Hi Guys,

I have been a user of REX for over a year, and am very interested in the working and tweakings of FSX and to a lesser extent FS2004.

If you just post below a list of you're problems; I'l ltry my best to help you (sorry can't tel lfrom above; there are posts everywhere).

Jack

Nick1150
10-20-2010, 11:27 AM
Thanks for your help

What about the following questions?

Hi,

I just purchased REX for FS9 yesterday night. The download and the installation was straight forward, but I didn't have the time yesterday to fly with this new addon... I hope I will today late at night again after getting back from work.

Just curious...

Is there any manual on this thing ? Only the exe file was downloaded.

This program is add on to FS9 by default ?

Or one has to run REX before or after FS9.exe ?

Sorry for the stupid questions, but I didn't have the time to play with it last night.

Thanks

Boeing 747 Flyer
10-20-2010, 12:33 PM
Hi Nick,

Is there a manual?

I'm not too sure for FS2004, but there was certainly one made for the REX2 FSX version. Since they're very, very similar interfaces... I suggest you read this: http://realenvironmentxtreme.com/forum/index.php?topic=5238.0

Does this program add-on to FS9 by default?

No. Downloading and installing the product won't supply you with the fantastic features & textures of REX. After installation, you must open up the REX Fs9 Interface and follow the instructions on there (really easy).

The REX FS9 interface allows you to create your own "set" of textures. For example, you can choose the colour of the water, what type of wave velocity you'd like, what type of Cumulus clodus you'd like, which sky theme you'd like... And son on. Maybe this visualisation will help:

Download & Install REX -> Open REX Interface -> Choose your "sets" of textures -> INSTALL them (option on interface) -> Star FS9

Hope this has helped,

Jack

Nate York
01-01-2012, 09:15 PM
wow that is amazing. seen a few people with it ,but never gave it a whack yet maybe soon