PDA

View Full Version : G-737 g-throttle updated pics!

dodiano
10-30-2009, 03:43 PM
Hi Guys Here are the Pics of the G-throttle with the changes on the markings of the Flaps and Speedbrake! Please enjoy! The throttletek website will be updated this coming weekend!! Thanks for the support and the units are available to Order!

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2452&stc=1&d=1256931609

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2453&d=1256931596

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2454&d=1256931596

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2455&d=1256931609

JimmyGerrard
10-30-2009, 05:14 PM
Roberto, how many inches wide/long is this unit my friend? And where abouts is the USB slot situated? I am desperately trying to work this in to my sim!!

Thanks,

James

dodiano
10-30-2009, 06:38 PM
Hi,

The unit is Roughly 10 Inches by 5.75 and 13 inches Tall with the Thrust Levers set at the middle!The USB port is in the back of the unit please as shown here:

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2456&stc=1&d=1256942255

Goldmember
10-31-2009, 08:20 PM
Hi,

The unit is Roughly 10 Inches by 5.75 and 13 inches Tall with the Thrust Levers set at the middle!The USB port is in the back of the unit please as shown here:

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2456&stc=1&d=1256942255

Sorry for being lazy but is this full size compared to the original TQ?

dodiano
10-31-2009, 08:27 PM
I actually don't think so we made it to look alike to the 737 but never intended it to be a Full Size Replica although it does look pretty Scale like!

Regards,

Roberto

Sweetwater
10-31-2009, 11:50 PM
Nice.... very nice!

Steve A
11-01-2009, 05:34 AM
I keep looking at these pictures and then looking at my bits of mdf and wood i started :mrgreen: I think i should just forget my home build and save for one of these.

Drewsta
11-01-2009, 05:44 AM
A great bit of kit you have there Roberto! Any updated pics of the 767 throttles? How are they coming along? I appreciate how busy you must be at the moment so I'll continue to froth at the mouth ..:P

Drewsta

dodiano
11-01-2009, 11:42 AM
Hi Drewsta,

Actually Yeah we have been very busy but we are going back to the 767 Quad probably next week! We are still waiting for the panels from Phil to come down but not sure what has happened they where sent but haven't received notification from the post office yet! Will keep you guys posted!

Regards

Geremy Britton
11-01-2009, 12:25 PM
haven't received notification from the post office yet! Will keep you guys posted!

Regards

No pun intended? ;)

dodiano
11-01-2009, 12:29 PM
LOL! It is not Phil's fault probably customs has them and no notification sent... LOL!

Westozy
11-03-2009, 02:15 AM
I ordered one this morning, looking forward to receiving it, cheers Roberto!

Gwyn

JimmyGerrard
11-06-2009, 03:05 PM
I have also ordered, really looking forward to receiving this! Thanks Roberto for your great service thus far.

my737sim
11-21-2009, 05:40 PM
I really wanted to purchase this Throttle but unfortunately Roberto seems to want his customers to pay his merchant fees that Paypal dings him to accept payments through their (service)

I told Roberto I was ready to place my order, and he sent me the paypal address and asked me for my address to calculate shipping.

During that time, I sent him the cost via Paypal for his unit, $649.99

I then get an email back from him saying shipping from El Salvador to me in Los Angeles is $90 so total cost is $649 (though the site says $649.99?) + $90 + 4% PAYPAL FEES, total of $768.

Hmmm.

Well, I sent him the $90. Why am I as a customer going to pay a Merchant (Roberto) his Merchant Fees?

He sent me an email back very nicely saying "Thanks I will need the 4% of paypal fees for the total!"

I replied informing him why would I pay his Merchant Fees... sorry that's silly. If I as a business choose to accept credit cards, well the (company) that authorizes said card of course is going to ding the merchant 3-4%. That's just how it goes. But I as a customer am not responsible for that. A merchant of course can accept other forms of payment but in the long run, is going to get dinged anyhow.

I get charged $12 / month by my bank for having a business checking account. I don't change that back to my customers, it's a cost of business.

Roberto stated those fees are part of ebay and not paypal and since it's their fee not his he won't pay it. He did however offer to accept a check or money order, which was nice. I don't feel comfortable with that however.

So, sadly, I had to ask Roberto to please refund the paypal payments (which he did immediately) and am not going to be ordering this throttle. Too bad too, was really looking forward to it. I guess I'll just put this towards the 3K full sized unit.

Good luck to everyone who buys it. I still think it's a great unit but this is just a conflict on interest.

Bummer. :(

Matt

dodiano
11-21-2009, 05:53 PM
Hi Matt,

I actually did state on the email that is Ebay policy for the seller not to charge the 4% for paypal fees. But then again EBAY and paypal are the same company.

Unfortunately my friend I am trying to sell this Quad to the lowest possible price I can and the only way to do this is not to loose more money on Merchant fees like the 4% from Paypal. All my costumers that have payed with paypal have agreed to this then again it is your choice not to do so.

Good luck and kind regards,

Roberto

my737sim
11-21-2009, 06:00 PM
Hi Matt,

I actually did state on the email that is Ebay policy for the seller not to charge the 4% for paypal fees. But then again EBAY and paypal are the same company.

Unfortunately my friend I am trying to sell this Quad to the lowest possible price I can and the only way to do this is not to loose more money on Merchant fees like the 4% from Paypal. All my costumers that have payed with paypal have agreed to this then again it is your choice not to do so.

Good luck and kind regards,

Roberto

Every credit card authorization company charges a fee heh. They ding that on the merchant. Sucky? Well, they have a make money too. I just feel as a fellow businessman that it's wrong to charge your customers your fees.

That being said, I wish you the best of luck in your company! You have a really good looking product :)

Best,

Matt Riggins

dodiano
11-21-2009, 06:03 PM
Matt,

These are not my fees my friend my fees are of producing the Throttle quad, testing it and make sure is a quality product for my costumers to enjoy! I am trying to keep costs down so I can give a better price to the costumer.

Take care,

Roberto

kozak737
11-21-2009, 06:05 PM
Hi,

I think its unprofessional you ask additional fees of 4% because of extra charges, simply increase the product price by 4% and everybody will be happy.

It is better you loose 4% than your reputation.:mrgreen:

Kozakos

my737sim
11-21-2009, 06:06 PM
Matt,

These are not my fees my friend my fees are of producing the Throttle quad, testing it and make sure is a quality product for my costumers to enjoy! I am trying to keep costs down so I can give a better price to the costumer.

Take care,

Roberto

They are fees opposed upon you, by Paypal, in order for you to accept credit card and online payments :) Then, you pass them onto your customers. Which is of course, why you offered to take an alternate form of payment (Check) which is awsome of you. I just didn't feel comfortable sending a check of that size to someone. So, my loss on a cool unit. :(

Geremy Britton
11-21-2009, 07:29 PM
Hi All,

You pay the 4% for the privilage of using a secure, fast, safe method of payment transfer. And personally i think it's worth it. Definately. :)

I would add: It is in Roberto's best interest to add this to the website as a condition of purchase or raise the price as it is unfair to add hidden charges after customers have paid.

Roberto has every right to ask for the 4% as long as purchasers are aware. I personally don't do it. (I've lost a couple of hundred quid in recent months due to paypals commission but you have to just live with it.)

Just my input on the matter :)

tugo31
11-21-2009, 10:31 PM
Hi,

simply increase the product price by 4% and everybody will be happy.

Kozakos

Thats a good idea, nobody likes to be charged with extra hidden fees, so include them in your price and nobody will know.

pvjen1
11-22-2009, 03:59 AM
I really wanted to purchase this Throttle but unfortunately Roberto seems to want his customers to pay his merchant fees that Paypal dings him to accept payments through their (service)

I told Roberto I was ready to place my order, and he sent me the paypal address and asked me for my address to calculate shipping.

During that time, I sent him the cost via Paypal for his unit, $649.99

I then get an email back from him saying shipping from El Salvador to me in Los Angeles is $90 so total cost is $649 (though the site says $649.99?) + $90 + 4% PAYPAL FEES, total of $768.

Hmmm.

Well, I sent him the $90. Why am I as a customer going to pay a Merchant (Roberto) his Merchant Fees?

He sent me an email back very nicely saying "Thanks I will need the 4% of paypal fees for the total!"

I replied informing him why would I pay his Merchant Fees... sorry that's silly. If I as a business choose to accept credit cards, well the (company) that authorizes said card of course is going to ding the merchant 3-4%. That's just how it goes. But I as a customer am not responsible for that. A merchant of course can accept other forms of payment but in the long run, is going to get dinged anyhow.

I get charged $12 / month by my bank for having a business checking account. I don't change that back to my customers, it's a cost of business.

Roberto stated those fees are part of ebay and not paypal and since it's their fee not his he won't pay it. He did however offer to accept a check or money order, which was nice. I don't feel comfortable with that however.

So, sadly, I had to ask Roberto to please refund the paypal payments (which he did immediately) and am not going to be ordering this throttle. Too bad too, was really looking forward to it. I guess I'll just put this towards the 3K full sized unit.

Good luck to everyone who buys it. I still think it's a great unit but this is just a conflict on interest.

Bummer. :(

Matt

3k or just pay the 26 dollars extra i cannot see why you have such a big issue. Roberto is trying to sell his products at the lowest price possible and to pay the 26 dollars extra is not a fair comparison to a unit which costs 2k+ more even the unmotorized unit is around 2k.

just my 2 cents. I think ppl are making to big a deal out of nothing really. In australia credit card companies charge us 1-3% for international transactions!!

Goldmember
11-23-2009, 05:34 AM
Hi,

I think its unprofessional you ask additional fees of 4% because of extra charges, simply increase the product price by 4% and everybody will be happy.

Kozakos

As a marketeer, I would add a "phenomenal 4% discount" on that new price in case customers choose to pay by check.

Gnorfie
11-23-2009, 05:44 AM
Planning of ordering one. Anyone received one yet? And what are your findings about it??

Matt Olieman
11-23-2009, 09:04 AM
Matt, from Earth, somewhere on this planet, who really does not advocate MyCockpit.org, very much noticeable on your site. Welcome.

I noticed that all of a sudden you find MyCockpit.org useful so you can bash not only a sponsor of MyCockpit, but a fabulous contributor to our builders community.

It's not uncommon to charge bank fees, transfer fees, PayPal fees, Credit Card fees, etc, etc, etc. This is a common occurrence within the SALES Society. I go to get fuel for my car and have a choice of paying cash or an increased price for credit, perfectly normal and so I see the same with web sites that sell a variety of products.

So don't bash Mr. Roberto because of you're unexpected fees. It seems you'd rather see Mr. Roberto take a loss then a gain, for your benefit.

Mr. Roberto has been doing business for years without complaints...... what more can I say to that....

If you have any further comments to make please direct them through e-mail or PM's directly to Mr. Roberto and quit using MyCockpit.org as your soap box.

mlscotti
11-26-2009, 09:56 PM
I just ordered the 737 throttle quad, looking forward to receiving it! the 4% fee does suck but I 'm sure it will be worth it..

h00t74
07-28-2010, 01:49 PM
He can't simply roll the 4% into the pricing, then they will charge 4% on that. Just make it clear on the website that Paypal charges the 4% and it will be passed on and add it on a line in the invoice.

I would live with that. I am considering your product now myself :).

signmanbob
07-27-2011, 10:27 PM
Consider the 4% as a convenience charge for being able to use PayPal for the transaction. It's no big deal and it's not a hidden fee. Roberto is very up-front about all of the charges and shipping dates. I have no problems and would do the same if someone was to pay me through PayPal (In fact I have done it).

Bob