PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Canada

cdn_army
10-30-2009, 02:07 PM
Hello everybody

Let me introduce myself. My name is Philippe or Phil for short ;) I live in British-Columbia, Canada...yeah the same place where everything is about the olympics ;)

Im in the Canadian navy as a sonar operator. I just completed my private pilot licence and it gave me the desire to fly FS in a proper cockpit :D
So here i am trying to learn as much as I can before taking the next big step : Starting building :) I know that i will go the 737 route....at first I was thinking building a dash-8 but i soon realize that most of the off the shelf software and hardware are for the 737 serie. After flying the 737 for awhile i kind of fell in love with that nice ''little'' ( not really small compare to the C-172 I usually fly ) airplane

I have a very limited DIY experience so im planning to go slowly and prabably end up buying the most complexe part from a supplier. Im not affraid of making mistake and im eager to learn but I also want to reach my goal one day ;)

Im really happy to be part of your group and im looking forward flying with you guys.

autocadplease
10-30-2009, 02:56 PM
Hello for Nelson, B.C.!

Navy eh? Are you based in Esquimalt? If so, I see the Olympic flame is arriving today in Victoria via a Forces' Polaris.

Welcome!

Steve A
10-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Welcome Phil. I think you have found the right place for your 737 build :D