PDA

View Full Version : MCP 737 Toggle switches and keypress in FSX

JohnKnox
10-28-2009, 08:42 PM
I'm new to this so apologies for what I hope is a dumb question.
Using FSX OC MCP737 and Wilco737 PIC. Yes I've read enough to know that combination is problematic but to start I'm only after simplistic functions I hope I can get to work.

The MCP works as it should with default 737, so I have things basically working.

Better than that much of the MCP works with the Wilco737 , readouts and rotary switches for course, IAS, Heading and altitude and the AP master switch seem to work at least in the MCP > FSX direction.

But I'm stuck on the toggle switches eg HDG SEL SPEED N1 etc.
I have assigned in the Wilco737 setup utility keypresses for these.

If we just talk about just 2, say HDG SEL and LVL CHG what I don't understand is how I get the MCP to talk to FS. Say I have Ctrl+H as the keypress for HDG SEL in the Wilco737 config utility, how do I get the MCP to send Ctrl+H to FSX when I press the HDG SEL toggle on the MCP. Same for LVL CHG really which I have as Ctrl+I.

I think I understand FSUIPC is involved with this, but not much more than that, and I have the Registered version latest ver4.53

So I'm not after sophisticated functionality (yet) just how to get a MCP button press interpreted as a keypress in FS.

TIA
John Knox

autocadplease
10-28-2009, 10:47 PM
Use FSUIPC. Go to the button & switches tab. Press the button / switch you want to assign, then either select a function from the list or input the key press(es) you want to send to FSX. It is just that simple!

mounty
10-28-2009, 10:48 PM
This is where FSUIPC comes in. You can program your switches, buttons and rotaries through FSUIPC using the "Buttons/Switches" screen. For example if you want to use CNTL+H for heading then you press the Heading button and it will show up[ on the screen. Then you enter the keystroke combination to be sent when you press that button.

There is some basic documentation that comes with FSUIPC which explains how to "program" switches.

Hope this helps.

Rob

JohnKnox
10-28-2009, 11:43 PM
Hmm I'm missing something here.
When I go to the 'Buttons/Switches' page, I can only work with my joystick buttons. If I press MCP buttons I don't see any response in FSUIPC

It's like FSUIPC does not know the Opencockpits MCP is there.

mounty
10-28-2009, 11:51 PM
I didn't realize you were using an Opencockpits MCP. I suggest you contact them regarding programming keypresses - they use a slightly different process.

Rob