PDA

View Full Version : New Pics of Lancaster Project

Crescent
10-24-2009, 06:39 PM
Hey guys. Here's some updated pics from the Lancaster project.

Almost everything is done for the yoke pedistal except the yoke itself and the inner workings, but I thought I'd put up what I've worked on over the past few weeks. It will be all riveted in front as it was and the window still needs to be cut, but you get the idea.

The base unit will be below the pilots floor along with about ten inches of the lower part of the pedistal itself, so none of the workings will be seen. The pedistal will attached to the base unit via a perpendicular shaft and the springs shown will be attached to the front and back of the pedistal at about a 45 degree angle to give it the proper pitch tension. Inside the shaft will be two chain driven cogs and two more springs for roll tension.

The entire back (meaning the side closest to the cockpit panel) will be removable for access.

http://s718.photobucket.com/albums/ww185/Kroisant_2009/

dnoize
10-24-2009, 06:50 PM
fantastic job !

Very well done.....

I love unconventional sims like these.

Stef

turbopropdriver
10-25-2009, 08:21 AM
Great stuff. I always wanted to build a Lanc cockpit, I even bought the blueprints on CD, but it's just a massive undertaking and I haven't got the time.
Good luck to you, I'll be watching for updates

Dean

Joe Cygan
10-25-2009, 09:21 AM
First class job! Can not wait to see your progress.

Joe

TasKiNG
10-25-2009, 09:28 AM
Beautifully engineered, Looks fantastic.

vybhav
10-25-2009, 09:49 AM
Wow, this really looks cool.

Regards
vybhav

Stijn
10-25-2009, 04:32 PM
hey,

AWESOM really good!!!

I'm more a wood guy but man i want to work with metal that way!!

Can't wait to the the result!!

keep us up to date

Stijn

No Longer Active
10-25-2009, 04:35 PM
Wow wow wow...

The lancaster is a true giant and a beautiful aircraft and your work sure does live up to that standard...

Super mechanical skills in developing such good looking parts for a true legend of an aircraft...

Keep us posted mate!

Smashing....cant wait to see more....

Man I love this hobby! :)

Ronson2k9
10-25-2009, 05:54 PM
Superb craftsmanship. Looks like museum quality. Can't wait for updates.

Tony Hill
10-26-2009, 03:17 AM
Great stuff mate!!!!!! I am looking forward to the progress on this beauty...who knows we may even be able to do a BBMF flyby networked some time?

I'll pm you some detailed pics of the control column you asked about..I have it now.

Darryl