PDA

View Full Version : Wiring my Bendix radio stack!

No Longer Active
10-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Hi,

I have just finished wiring / soldering my radio stack.

All I can say was that it was long and fiddly, and the DPDT toggle pins are really close together and hard to solder, but with a little patience I managed to solder them pretty good.

All I can say is that I have used over 15 meters of cable, soldering appropriately 44 cables in total, and having to shrink wrap all the solder joints.

Atleast it is over and done with now and I can move on a little further now!

http://alexpilot.50g.com/wiring%20radio%20stack.jpg

Geremy Britton
10-09-2009, 10:57 AM
Alex,

Looks great. Your making progress! Soldering is tricky but you get the hang of it eventually. Also good idea protecting the red plexi on the areas where the openings are where the LED digits will go when soldering etc. Wise decision :)

Keep up updated and will look forward to seeing the pics of the Bendix in the MIP.

No Longer Active
10-09-2009, 11:14 AM
Here it is in the MIP:

http://alexpilot.50g.com/images/mip%20with%20radio%202.JPG

Kerbo
10-09-2009, 11:39 AM
Very nice!

:mrgreen: <----- green with envy

Ronson2k9
10-09-2009, 11:39 AM
I agree looking great and good idea protecting too. Considerable investment in time and cash worthy of protection. No need to speed through either as time is on your side now.

Matt Olieman
10-09-2009, 11:58 AM
Looking fantastic Alex, you've done an amazing job. Thanks for the pics and updates :)

Matt Olieman

No Longer Active
10-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Hi, Thanks for the kind compliments....

I do agree that time is on my side as I am in no rush, I'm not bothered if I finish it in 1 years time or 10 years time, atleast I will have something....

The funny thing is.....

I don't actually know why I am building my sim, I have no intention of actually flying it either....

I just enjoy building it, I think building is what I love, making something from nothing and out of scrap.

Then once it's done, I will probably take a photo of it and sell it lol!

All the best.

Alex

Ronson2k9
10-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Oh noo...

Your kidding right? You have to fly it at least a few times??

For me my sim project is a way to keep my eyes on the prize as it were till I get a new (sim worthy) computer. I'm not doing to to bad on my current machine but looking forward to 15-20 fps. That will do nicely. I'm hoping that I'll get both at the same time. Sim complete and new computer to fly it with..

No Longer Active
10-09-2009, 01:06 PM
I will fly it, dont get me wrong, but I guess I will easily be building my second sim by then.....I really want to build the PA28, but one things first! Get the Cessna finished!

Alex

Ronson2k9
10-09-2009, 01:20 PM
Awe...

Cessna is your learning sim.. Not a bad plan. I'd kind of like to build a heavy.. the BAE146-300QT. I want to get my feet wet in the amphib first though. I may stay with it too as I love bush flying.. Second choice though would be the 'Quiet Trader'