PDA

View Full Version : programming Opencockits FMC?

Mathias357
10-09-2009, 04:52 AM
Hi!!

Im Mathias Ratz, Im 16 years old, and come from Bezau, western part of Austria!

i want to build an 757/767 Homecockpit, first i want to start whith the FMC, i prefer the Boeing 747 FMC from Open Cokpits:

http://www.opencockpits.com/catalog/b747-mounted-ready-p-198.html?cPath=22_62

i ask at Opencokpits, and they say that the FMC is just Working whith Level-D Project Magenta and Flightdecksoftware but i got an tipp that i can programm an Macro whith FSUIPC, so i can also use other addons, because im a fan of all 757/767 aircrafs i also want to use the up comming Quaity Wings 757 and an merge of PSS 777 and POSKY 767-400ER. i also want to use the ISG FMCs of this one, so i can also fly other aircrafts!

is that possible, and is that complicated? i cant programming so i hope someone can help!

Mathias

Mathias357
10-12-2009, 02:52 PM
can nobody help?

Polmer
10-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Mathias,

The opencockpits FMC uses SIOC for communication.
It would work great with the Level-D 767 since it comes with its own SDK.
There is already Code available for this as well, this would be your safest bet.

As for other aircraft........will it work?
This depends on a couple of things.

If the Aircraft allows the FMC to be keyboard controlled, then you can program SIOC to send Keyboard commands to control the FMC ( although this is not the preferred way to use SIOc). I also believe that with the Macro option in FSUIPC ( and if the aircraft software allows it) that you could control the FMC this way as well.

Also keep in mind the the FMC display window must be able to be undocked and dragged to the FMC hardware display window. This may require playing with the aircrafts panel.CFG file to remove any bitmaps that are in the way.

Im not sure you are going to be able to switch aircraft back and forth with out a lot of effort ( and many bugs).

Sorry, there is no simple answer for this one.

~Polmer

Mathias357
10-13-2009, 08:00 AM
when i correct understand, i have the best cahances whith FSUIPC?

editing the Panel.cfg will not be a problme, i will wait until the QW 757 is out, and look if someone test that!