PDA

View Full Version : PMInstructor + Other Questions

coolmanak
10-06-2009, 05:47 PM
Hey guys.

I'm interested in having a laptop computer hooked up to the simulator to control things such as pushback, dispatch services, failures, simulation rate, and ACARS. However I do have a few questions regarding this.

Firstly, how might I connect two computers to eachother? I'd like to keep things as simple as possible, just one computer hooked up to the computer running FS that can control things within the simulator software itself. Would this be Via cable, or software, or what?

Second, do you know of any cheaper/freeware version of something similar to PMInstructor? I'm not willing to dish out the thousand or so it costs, but I'd like to have some of the functions availible. If it takes multiple softwares, that'd be fine with me also.

Thanks for the help guys!

autocadplease
10-06-2009, 06:24 PM
You network your computers together using windows networking and standard 10/100 ethernet connections. Then you need software like FSUIPC or Simconnect for flightsim to communicate with the other networked computers.

If you are into 737 or 777 aircraft, sim-avionics http://www.sim-avionics.com/ is a cheaper product.

xtreme3d
10-06-2009, 06:45 PM
Hey guys.

I'm interested in having a laptop computer hooked up to the simulator to control things such as pushback, dispatch services, failures, simulation rate, and ACARS. However I do have a few questions regarding this.

Firstly, how might I connect two computers to eachother? I'd like to keep things as simple as possible, just one computer hooked up to the computer running FS that can control things within the simulator software itself. Would this be Via cable, or software, or what?

Second, do you know of any cheaper/freeware version of something similar to PMInstructor? I'm not willing to dish out the thousand or so it costs, but I'd like to have some of the functions availible. If it takes multiple softwares, that'd be fine with me also.

Thanks for the help guys!

If you are just looking for a more affordable instructor station you can take a look at this link. Hope it helps.

http://luisgordo.googlepages.com/instructorstation

coolmanak
10-06-2009, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the help guys! Xtreme, that product was EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thanks!