PDA

View Full Version : My Hero :) :) :)

Matt Olieman
09-26-2009, 09:50 PM
Some of you may know and have seen Phil744's (Phil Lambert) work on my A340 overhead. It was displayed at FSWeekend 2008 at the MyCockpit booth.

Phil can't help himself, he's a perfectionist and I TRULY appreciate that. He's still refining my overhead panels. Would you believe.... they look better then the original out of an A340.

I'd love to brag about the detail Phil has been working on, but I can't, I promised, so you'll just have to let your imagination do the work.

BUT he is allowing me to share a few items with you. Anyway, here are some pics I want to share with you :) :) :) BTW, you haven't seen anything yet :)

Thank you Phil :) :) :) :) :) :)

Matt Olieman

http://mycockpit.org/photos/MattO/phil/DSCF4717-r.jpg
http://mycockpit.org/photos/MattO/phil/DSCF4711-r.jpg
http://mycockpit.org/photos/MattO/phil/DSCF4715-r.jpg
http://mycockpit.org/photos/MattO/phil/DSCF4722-r.jpg

xtreme3d
09-27-2009, 12:06 AM
Waooo... they are awesome, I can't imagine the finished product. Plenty of reasons to be bragging about.

vybhav
09-27-2009, 01:30 AM
Excellent work,they really look awesome. Comgrats Phil and Matt

Regards
Vybhav

ran56
09-27-2009, 03:51 AM
Phil's work is amazing, and you can see it in those pics and other
that I've seen.
I call him the amazing Phil, but I think mr. Wizard
is better :D

Great job Phil, the world of home pit builders needs you :mrgreen:

Joe Cygan
09-27-2009, 06:22 AM
Wow, those are some incredible panel! Great work as always.

Joe

Anderson/SBSP
09-27-2009, 07:06 AM
Wow!!! Looks great!!

I have buy a panel from Phil is a art piece!!!

Post more pics about you simpit!!

Polmer
09-27-2009, 08:52 AM
"they look better then the original out of an A340."

I agree 100%.

I have several of phil's B767 panels and I too believe that they look better then the real ones.

Go Phil!

~Polmer

Geremy Britton
09-27-2009, 10:16 AM
Fantastic Panels. Truly great, Phil realy does put everything into these panels and you can see the outcome for yourself.

Wow:)

Matt Olieman
09-27-2009, 10:33 AM
I'd love to tell you more about Phil, but sworn to secrecy :) :) :) :) He is absolutely amazing and does incredible work.

Most likely where ever you are, you may be be surrounded by his products (real life job). Because of his talents outside his Flight-Sim panel building, we are particularly blessed to have him in our flight-sim community.

You would truly be amazed if you could see a portion of what I've seen, products by Phil :) :) :)

Matt Olieman

phil744
09-27-2009, 12:26 PM
Wow, im quite gobsmacked, thank you so much for your kind comments;)

Ive managed to get myself a stall at Lelystad this year, so i can bring a few bits and pieces of what i make so you can see them for real, and yes the A340 is making a return, but as a complete set this time all lit up, and it will be the first time Matt has ever seen it, only 1 month to go now!!! so you better be nice to me Matt otherwise i will hide it and send you on a 2 day treasure hunt around Holland;)

Ive become quite attached to it, and it will be missed once its gone, but i cant wait to see her in her proper home, the "toulouse" side of my workshop will look rather empty but im sure i will fill it with somthing else.

Anyway, im off to attack the multicolor HYD/FUEL panel, thats probably the toughest panel i will ever make, wish me luck.

And again chaps, thanks for your kind words

spiro
09-27-2009, 01:34 PM
very nice work you and good detail the only thing is that i have pm phil about a frend that whants to buid a airbus i whent on his site and seent a message
but seems his pretty bissy becaus he hasent replyed and also long ago i had pm him about other things but no reply dont know why dosent matter so matt if you can help us on those dimentions we will aprecheat it;)

Jake 747 400
09-27-2009, 01:41 PM
Phil deserves all the complements he gets, his work is really a work of art.
He has been very helpful and kind to me on my first year here at MyCockpit.
Just want to say thanks Phil, and keep up the fantastic work.
Jake.

phil744
09-27-2009, 01:47 PM
very nice work you and good detail the only thing is that i have pm phil about a frend that whants to buid a airbus i whent on his site and seent a message
but seems his pretty bissy becaus he hasent replyed and also long ago i had pm him about other things but no reply dont know why dosent matter so matt if you can help us on those dimentions we will aprecheat it;)

Ahh, yeah about the A320 on Friday, yup i do have it and yeah I have not responded yet, my bad, as u can imagine im rushed of my feet at the moment, will get back to you

phil744
09-27-2009, 07:27 PM
few more bits done tonight, i have to work in holland this week so wont be able to continue for a few days Arghhhhhh!!!!

Enjoy

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/madmini1/DSCF4732.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/madmini1/DSCF4733.jpg

Matt Olieman
09-27-2009, 07:40 PM
I'm speechless..... and grinning from ear to ear :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Matt Olieman

vybhav
09-27-2009, 10:17 PM
Awesome work.....

Regards
Vybhav

pdpo
09-28-2009, 07:40 AM
Awsome Phil.....

Could you also make a closeup picture of the fire button extended position?
Wow ... the only word coming out of my mouth when I see those pictures

Great... keep up the good work

Matt Olieman
09-28-2009, 08:17 AM
If I recall right, Phil will correct me if I'm wrong :) We decided not to go with the extended switch. It is a momentary switch.

I'm excited the way it looks, of all the ones I've seen there is no comparison. It looks fantastic and so real. Can't wait until I get my hands on these :) :) :) :)

Matt Olieman

Anderson/SBSP
09-28-2009, 05:56 PM
Here a pic from my map panels with with baclight made by Phil.

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu9/Anderson-SBSP/DSCF4701.jpg

Thanks Phil, amazing work!!

phil744
10-01-2009, 08:25 PM
Awsome Phil.....

Could you also make a closeup picture of the fire button extended position?
Wow ... the only word coming out of my mouth when I see those pictures

Great... keep up the good work

If I recall right, Phil will correct me if I'm wrong :) We decided not to go with the extended switch. It is a momentary switch.

Matt Olieman

Good to be home, the fun continues

Hey PDPO, ive just noticed your from belgium, just spent 3 days in Ghent, such a nice place and you guys simply have the best beer in the world, (especially the trappist brew "burp")

Yeah, what Matt said is true, he asked me can i make somthing simple and quick that looks nice to fill the gap's, the the fire buttons is just basically one big switch head bolted to an off the shelf switch, Obviously the real ones you flick open the cover depress the switch and the swich unit popps out, these dont, its one big momentary switch.

And again guys thanks for your supportive comments

pdpo
10-02-2009, 01:24 AM
Hey Phil,

yeah, Gent is a nice place...and bruges even more so...and live in the middle between them.
About 20 km away from either...imagine... and the beer...if you like it we've gots lots of different kinds. Since I'm somewhat of a sweet tooth I like the fruit beers the most since they
are less bitter and a little sweeter.
Not because i am a belgian but I think weve got some nice city's in our country. Of course there are also beautifull places in our surrounding country's, all worth visiting.

Next time you pass by here advise me ....
I also wouldnt mind if you could bring me those fire button :-) ( building an A320 so I just need 3) :-) :-)

Greetz Peter

ran56
10-02-2009, 02:36 AM
Damn you guys, ... how I miss Jupiler :cry:
We have here almost all of the major Belgium beers, but Jupiler.
They even import now the forbidden fruit ...
After Jup hoegaarden is my favorite :)

Guys have a great weekend , don't drink and fly \ Drive \ Build .... :wink:

phil744
10-03-2009, 08:03 PM
I call this one the Las Vegas panel;)

Not yet done, spent all day on it, just thought i would dry fit it to take a quick picture for you all, hence the light bleedthrough, that goes away once the PCB is sunk into the lightplate, just got to play with resistor values now and try and get it to look more even cause at the moment i am soo not happy with it..

Enjoy

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/madmini1/DSCF4924.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/madmini1/DSCF4939.jpg

Geremy Britton
10-03-2009, 08:08 PM
Wow, looks amazing. What a project. Matt will be one excited little boy.

If i was going to embark on anything close to that i'd need something a lot stronger than a can of coke :)

Or do you get them free phil? ;)

Matt Olieman
10-03-2009, 10:31 PM
Imagine that, first of all he sneaks in those pics on me and then he goes on to say he's SOOOOO not happy with it..... YEAH!!! I'll take it as it is!!!! WOW!!!!

Phil you kill me.... that looks friggen beautifull :) :) :) :) :)

Matt Olieman

Joe Cygan
10-04-2009, 02:11 AM
Phil you are truly the panel master! Amazing!

dnoize
10-04-2009, 02:12 AM
I totally understand Phil is not happy with it !

Soon he will have to part with it ;-). I wouldnt be happy either ;-)

Great job Phil !!

Stef

ran56
10-04-2009, 04:01 AM
Viva Las Vegas :)

I see that the ABus has Christmas all the time :)
Amazing job Phil, even if it's for ABus pit:D

Matt Olieman
10-04-2009, 11:58 AM
I totally understand Phil is not happy with it !

Soon he will have to part with it ;-). I wouldnt be happy either ;-)

Great job Phil !!

Stef

But think how happy I will be :) :) :) :) :mrgreen:

Matt Olieman

flatlandpilot
10-19-2009, 05:56 AM
Hi there,
these panels are really awesome,
one small question: the small yellow line surrounding the korry's
is that painted with translucent yellow paint ?
is that painted with the mill ?

Matt Olieman
10-19-2009, 07:09 AM
Hi there,

The glow of the LED's as they are from the real overhead. :) :)

Matt Olieman

Efe Cem Elci
10-19-2009, 08:11 AM
Imagine that, first of all he sneaks in those pics on me and then he goes on to say he's SOOOOO not happy with it.....

Its the craftsman that is completely satisfied with the product that we have to stay away from. Because the best ones are the ones that know that there is always more work to be done. Things that look perfect to us appear faulty to them because they know what they are aiming for.

And Phil does amazing work. Period.

Matt Olieman
10-19-2009, 08:26 AM
Efe, you are so right!!!!! :) :) :)

Matt Olieman

David Withers
10-20-2009, 07:19 AM
Great stuff!!!

DanTheSasquatch
10-21-2009, 08:40 PM
Wow...I saw those pictures and I'm just stunned! That is amazing! Great work Phil!

phil744
10-21-2009, 08:57 PM
Hehehe cheers guys, no updates im afraid, well for the A340, might continue this weekend...

Hi there,

No secret there, basically i used a very sharp knife and a very steady hand and basically trimmed around each button opening, think there is 130 openings to do, that took some time and didnt mess anything up, personally i hate it, ruins the look of the panel, but thats just my own opinion. for the eagle eyed ones you will notice i havnt done the same on the FUEL/HYD panel.

Suppose you could use a milling machine to do that, but i dont fancy placing a freshly engraved panel on a milling machine.