PDA

View Full Version : How beautiful is from above

xtreme3d
09-25-2009, 08:38 PM
Sometimes we fly and just want to get there. Have you notice how beautiful this world is from above? Back in the days people dreamed to fly, dreamed to be able to touch the clouds. Have we forgotten that? Now days a lot of people just see aviation as a mode of transportation and don't even look out the window; are they scared, tired or just don't care. I love aviation very much. You always get the best view, and the best part at least for me, the view is thanks to those who love aviation and look out the window just like me. So next time you reach for the skies look out the window and enjoy the view of this magnificent planet.

Here is a video of a high altitude flight for you to enjoy, James May from TOP GEAR sure did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJoMDq4AyLc&feature=related

dodiano
09-25-2009, 09:01 PM
Beautiful.... I don't fly that high and I never stop staring outside it is so calm and peaceful up there!! Thanks for sharing buddy!!

PascalHaldenstein
09-26-2009, 09:26 AM
absolutely fantastic..

true what he says in the end: "It's not like being twice as high as an airliner .. it's as being in a completely different sphere of human activity.."

and: "If everybody could do that once it would complete change the face of global politics, religion, education and everything..."

think about this ..

cheers

flymo001
09-26-2009, 01:41 PM
I think that James say's it all for me. What an experience....looks even better than the good old Mig 25 "To the edge of Space" flights in russia.

I've heard that one USAF U2 pilot in the mid 70's over the UK at 80,000ft, looked out his window only to find he had company!:eek:

A Lightning! - the pilot was waving at him. " What ho....old chap! " ;)

One of two special "HOT" English Electric Lightnings from Boscombe Down. 8)8)

It's amazing what little treasures come to light!

" I HATE James May!! "........not really. He did get higher than Jeremy Clarkson anyway.:D

Have fun! JP.

No Longer Active
09-26-2009, 02:54 PM
James May is indeed a pilot himself, although only a PPL with (newly acquired) night rating.

Richard Hammond is now training for his PPL, only Clarkson to go, but I dont think he is the Pilot type at all, it wouldn't suit him!

But James May is a cool guy, I envy him for his interest in flight and all the cool aviation things he does.....and flying at 70k, what a lucky fella!