PDA

View Full Version : TH2GO runway markings/rain (FS2004)

ChrisKLAS
09-14-2009, 10:55 PM
Hello all,

I'm running a TH2GO digital with FS9, zoomed (as most here) to 0.31. Everything looks great in terms of perspective, etc.

I've noticed a few issues, however, with this zoom setting.

1. On many runways (especially default runways, or addon sceneries which use default runways), the runway markings (numbers, centerlines, threshold markings, etc.) don't "appear" until you're almost right on top of the runway, when they pop up suddenly. Addon sceneries with custom textured runways, such as FlyTampa, FSDT, and others work just fine.

2. When it's raining, the animated rain (not the drop textures) seems to form a circle around the plane. There's a clearly visible half circle at the bottom of the display where the rain's not hitting the ground.

Has anyone else experienced these issues, and if so, know any workarounds?

Thanks in advance!

ddimm
10-13-2009, 10:06 PM
Hey Chris -

I just went back to flying FS9 and noticed the exact same issues with the runway numbers & markers popping in at the very last moment and the semi-circle rain effect when zoomed out to .31.

I too am using a TH2GO. Did you ever find a solution?

Thx,
Dan

ChrisKLAS
10-14-2009, 01:00 AM
Hi Dan,

Nope, never found a solution. Hoping someone will be able to chime in here and help. I have a hard time believing that everyone who's running FS9 with a TH2Go is just sitting back and living with these issues!

t1dUs
10-14-2009, 09:57 AM
The magical appearances have to do with the number of objetcs your computer can render.
I can see that happening on my laptop and FS9. I'm on final and numbers and touchdown area won't appear until I'm a few miles from it.
Play with the settings of FS. I'm sure there's something that can be tweaked to create the graphics further from the runway.
Cheers.
t1

ddimm
10-15-2009, 09:59 AM
I experimented with this last night. I changed/reduced all the setting in the display options and nothing effected the runway markings loading faster or from a farther viewing distance(zoom to .31). I was hoping maybe it was trying to render to many objects and set my autogen and scenery slider to lower setting and it had no effect.

I have an Nvidia 9800 GTX+ 1gig card so I know that is not the bottleneck. Could it be driver related?