PDA

View Full Version : My Cockpit!

Cooleo
09-06-2009, 04:19 PM
http://i30.tinypic.com/5zfgqc.jpg

I'm starting a generic cockpit :)

autocadplease
09-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Told you, you wouldn't just be satisfied with one switch!:mrgreen: Looks great! Keep us posted on your progress.

No Longer Active
09-06-2009, 04:31 PM
This is the best example of how we all start...with a sheet of wood!

You will be surprised how differently this will look after a year!

Keep building pal....

I take it you are building a GA pit?

If so.....come and visit my GA section in the 'building a cockpit' forum as there are plenty of ideas there!

Great to have you onboard!

Where in the UK are you from?

Cheers,

Alex

Matt Olieman
09-06-2009, 04:58 PM
That's all it takes, just one switch and you're on your way!!!! :) :) :) Next think you know you'll have second, third and a light..... :) :) :)

Matt Olieman

Cooleo
09-07-2009, 06:51 AM
Hey

Thanks for the encouraging words :D, I put the first lot of paint on last night and sanded it down, It looks great!

Alex Jay: EGSH

No Longer Active
09-07-2009, 07:00 AM
Well, like I said its a great start, my sim started from a sheet of hardboard that was reduced down to £2 in a sale at homebase, and you wouldn't believe how far I have got now! My sheet of wood now looks like an actual cockpit!

Please, tell me more about your plans....hows your sim going to be built, hows it going to work!

I have 3 home-made throttle levers you can have if you want them! (just add a slide pot)!

Cheers Norwich Boy? :)

Alex

Cooleo
09-07-2009, 07:10 AM
I got my sheet of MDF for £5.99, Quite a bargin and found the colour 'Slate Grey' in there premium collection, I guess many people don't want to paint there lounge's Grey!

I intend to get two 15" LCD's to mount behind the wood for Gauges (Unless I can find some 5" LCD's, Would be handy for a GPS too, I want to put it in the whole at the bottom).

Do you have any idea's for how to get wording across to the panel? I was thinking sticker paper. I looked at Self Adhesive Transparency paper but according to the packet, White does not come out well which would be quite a bind!

How much for the throttle lever's? They would be really handy! I'm going to buy another USB Joystick soon so I'd probably assign them to the Z and the Slider axis.

Thanks!

No Longer Active
09-07-2009, 07:37 AM
Hi....

I will sell my levers for £1 each ( I have 3, 1 black, 1 red, 1 blue) plus £2 postage (so a fiver delivered???)

I have just bought real Cessna throttle lever's for my pit, so I am happy to sell my old levers! (They are just levers with a wooden knob). Will save you buying dowel and knobs and paint, then painting them, they have a nice slot which fits over a slide pot, so all the work done for you!

As for wording; Use letraset transfer paper or decal paper (google it or ebay' it). Avoid stickers, they will look pants!

I am doing my wording last, I'd rather concentrate on the more important stuff if I were you!

Anyway, let me know about the levers!

Cheers,

Alex

Cooleo
09-07-2009, 07:40 AM
Have you got any pics of them? :)

No Longer Active
09-07-2009, 08:14 AM
HI PM SENT!

Cheers,

Alex

Cooleo
09-07-2009, 01:04 PM
http://i29.tinypic.com/oqa7w8.jpg

Picked up a cheap can of paint :)

No Longer Active
09-07-2009, 01:33 PM
You going to make a box out of mdf to mount the panel to?

Cooleo
09-07-2009, 01:44 PM
Most probably not, I've got it infront of my 37" LCD and I can't afford to get more monitors. I'll probably just make a small box behind it to prop it up and hold the electronics.

No Longer Active
09-07-2009, 01:51 PM
Well, this looks to be interesting.....

Keep up the hard work!