PDA

View Full Version : ENG and SYS buttons?

HondaCop
09-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Hello all,

How do the ENG and SYS buttons work? These are the two small buttons located right below the MFD legend on the Autobrake Panel.

choffmann
09-02-2009, 06:02 PM
From the 737 FCOM:
page 13.10.2:
Push – SYS
• displays hydraulic indications on lower DU; or if the lower DU is
unavailable, displays it on upper DU or inboard DU based on the position
of the display select panel selector
• second push blanks lower DU.

page 7.15.3:
Push – ENG
• displays secondary engine indications on lower DU; or if the lower DU is
unavailable, on upper or inboard DU based on the position of the display
select panel selector

you can download the FCOM from the file library

Chris

HondaCop
09-02-2009, 06:18 PM
From the 737 FCOM:
page 13.10.2:
Push – SYS
• displays hydraulic indications on lower DU; or if the lower DU is
unavailable, displays it on upper DU or inboard DU based on the position
of the display select panel selector

page 7.15.3:
Push – ENG
• displays secondary engine indications on lower DU; or if the lower DU is
unavailable, on upper or inboard DU based on the position of the display
select panel selector

you can download the FCOM from the file library

Chris

Thanks Chris! Ok, and how can I switch between the different MFD modes such as ELEC, HYD, etc etc... Or are these only a 777 option? My pit is based on a 737.

choffmann
09-02-2009, 06:29 PM
I must admit, I dont know the right answer for this. I [I]believe[I], it depends on the options the aircraft owner wants realized from Boeing Co.
Any real world 737 pilot out there, who might know this?

choffmann
09-02-2009, 07:53 PM
FCOM page 9.10.13:
Push – SYS
• displays flight control surface position indications on lower DU; or if the
lower DU is unavailable, displays it on upper DU or inboard DU based on
the position of the display select panel selector
• second push removes indications on the respective DU.

Apart from this, I guess there are no other selectable indications.
Look into the BBJ FCOM for graphic descriptions.

HondaCop
09-02-2009, 08:02 PM
FCOM page 9.10.13:
Push – SYS
• displays flight control surface position indications on lower DU; or if the
lower DU is unavailable, displays it on upper DU or inboard DU based on
the position of the display select panel selector
• second push removes indications on the respective DU.

Apart from this, I guess there are no other selectable indications.
Look into the BBJ FCOM for graphic descriptions.

Hmmm... Could it be that it's a company option and there will only be ONE display for it? Because from what you have been pointing out, it's gonna be either one of two things every time you press the SYS button: Page or Blank.

ak49er
09-02-2009, 08:21 PM
Isn't there a switch on the MIP for Lower Du? It is on a panel directly above and center of the PFD and NAV Display.....

choffmann
09-03-2009, 11:31 AM
From what I found in the PMDG 737 documentation, there are airline customer software options for either a side by side display, a over-under-display and a compact display. In the over-under-option, you can apparently cycle thru a small elec-hydraulic page and the flight control surface position indications on the lower DU with the sys pushbutton. When pushing the eng button, the secondary engine EICAS instruments are displayed in the lower DU.
With PM, there is also a possibility to switch between these displays from inside the FMC. But I don΄t know, if this is implemented in the real smiths FMC as I did not find a description for this in the FMC guide, which can also be downloaded in the file library.

ak49er
Re: ENG and SYS buttons?
Isn't there a switch on the MIP for Lower Du? It is on a panel directly above and center of the PFD and NAV Display.....

This switch is only for selection of what is actually displayed on the lower DU: you can switch the primary engine parameters usually shown in the upper DU or the ND to the lower DU in case there is a monitor malfunction.

Cheers
Chris

HondaCop
09-03-2009, 11:37 AM
From what I found in the PMDG 737 documentation, there are airline customer software options for either a side by side display, a over-under-display and a compact display. In the over-under-option, you can apparently cycle thru a small elec-hydraulic page and the flight control surface position indications on the lower DU with the sys pushbutton. When pushing the eng button, the secondary engine EICAS instruments are displayed in the lower DU.
With PM, there is also a possibility to switch between these displays from inside the FMC. But I don΄t know, if this is implemented in the real smiths FMC as I did not find a description for this in the FMC guide, which can also be downloaded in the file library.

This switch is only for selection of what is actually displayed on the lower DU: you can switch the primary engine parameters usually shown in the upper DU or the ND to the lower DU in case there is a monitor malfunction.

Cheers
Chris

Ok, so basically, once I get my LOWER EICAS monitor hooked up, I can run the MFD displays there and cycle through all the different MFD screens by using the SYS button? Cool... All I would need to do is to write a SIOC logic so that it cycles through each screen on every press of the SYS button. Also make it so that when I press the ENG button, it switches the lower EICAS to display the secondary engine display. Nice!

Thanks!

Jackpilot
09-03-2009, 01:00 PM
Cycling through the MFD screen is usually done with the Tab key.
Just assign that key to an interfaced switch and your done!

(check the PM manual, most functions are accessible that way)

HondaCop
09-03-2009, 01:10 PM
Cycling through the MFD screen is usually done with the Tab key.
Just assign that key to an interfaced switch and your done!

(check the PM manual, most functions are accessible that way)

I don't have PM, Jack. I use SimAvionics.

Jackpilot
09-03-2009, 01:59 PM
Sorry....did not remember!
SimAvionics has no keyboard commands?

Jack

sgaert
09-04-2009, 01:39 AM
On Sim Avionics you assign a FSUIPC offset to that funktions.
Yesterday Mark wrote the description to the Sim Avionics board.
btw. the same you can find in the Manual on page 42.

Stefan