PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a newbee

mikenewell
08-29-2009, 10:47 AM
Hi, Very excited to find this sight. Some amazing work and obvious passion represented here. My cockpit was designed to be very low expense utilizing lower end commercial components and strategically placed Displays to maximize flexability of desired airframes. I typically fly it as a 747-400 configuration but can really utilize any aircraft in MSFS with no loss of immersion.

I am a Senior Command Captain with WestWind VA out of the Chicago Hub. I became hooked on Flight Simming way back when MSFS first debuted and became absolutely obsessed with the introduction of FS98.

Geremy Britton
08-29-2009, 10:53 AM
Hi Mike,

Nice to have you join us. Also with your expertise with the real world. :) Also your sim setup is certainly a unique one. Never seen such a construction before. Looks good... there are a couple of 747 builders here from the novice to the pro so please seek help and advice as your own will. Many here to help.

Best Regards

Kennair
08-30-2009, 02:03 AM
Hi Mike,

Welcome, and I too love your setup. Quite comprehensive for a budget rig. Given your virtual airline expertise and experience I'm sure many here will pick your brains about your setup and VA flights. Can you give us a rundown of your system specs?

Ken.