PDA

View Full Version : Ga sim qestion

spiro
08-18-2009, 01:31 PM
Hi all it is the time i have been waiting for "PUT IT ALL TOGETHER AND POWER IT UP"sounds sceary!!!!!! i was flying alot this summer so the sim was relaxing but know is the time for my GAtranner i have been going on about,i still need some help because alot of my money are going to wards IR/MEP i am trying to ceep it low at cost (somthing that this hobbey isant!) any way i let you in on what i have got at the moment
1 saitek pro flight yoke
1saitek rudders
1 saitek comm/nav radio
1 saitek switch pannel
1 saitek head set
1 pc duo core2 2.9gh/2Gram/nividia 96001g
1 17"monitor
1 22"monitor
i am waiting for a second throttal(but not shore how to conect)
and i am waiting for saiteks autopilot
i will have the grafics card next week for the pc
i just finished painting the frame of the pit today
i have orderd pexeis GA softwere and waiting for it!! so i think next week
every thing will be together
what i would like to ask is i have lots of encorders and i whant to use them for
altimeter seting/heding setting/obs setting and so on!!
what is the best way to interface these and mainly eseast way i am not very good with pc programming if any one knowsto help out?
also if any one sees my lay out and findes somthing that may not work
please let me know thanks every one

spiro
08-18-2009, 05:14 PM
hi again all i saw desktop aviator has a encorder rotary witch has any one got this or tryed it out or even selling it!!!!open cockpits has one too but it needs a master card and so on i whant to keep it easy!:D any segestions??????

gokhotit
08-23-2009, 05:54 AM
build your own autopilot..i did, and it is much better than any commercial venture, mosty because it is mine. Just a thought.

No Longer Active
08-23-2009, 06:21 AM
Hello.....

As for rotary encoders, build a 160x50mm panel, and insert 4 encoders.

Encoder 1 = Alt Setting
Encoder 2 = Art. Horizon Up/Down Setting
Encoder 3 = Heading/Compass Rose
Encoder 4 = VOR Settings maybe?

As said you could also make an Autopilot - Altitude Hold / Vert Speed (2 encoders)

You could make a second Nav / Com radio using 2 encoders & 2 DPDT toggles, or make a NAV / COM radio using 4 encoders.....

You could make a trim wheel, an XPDR, a DME etc.....there are loads of options....

Just pick what would be of most benefit to you, the auto pilot seems a pretty good choice, an encoder panel to control your gauge settings will also be an excellent idea.....

Just buy a Leo Bodnar BU0836 or the BU0836X to interface the encoders, very simple to do by using Leo Bodnars Encoder Utility Software, just flash the encoder pairs on the Leo Bodnar board that you require...

Then just use FSUIPC (Registered) to program what you want the encoders to do in FS, no programming knowledge is required with FSUIPC as it is a visual piece of software!

Need any more help...

Just ask!

spiro
08-23-2009, 06:34 AM
thans i was thinking of desktop aviator but i live in europe
i also was thinking of leos bord but i hear he is once on line once off there is no technical support and mybe i whont even get it
if you know any shops in europe witch have this probuct please let me know
i do not have a paypal account i work with ebanking transfure
only if i find a freand that has pay pal
there is some thing else that is botherring me
i just got my pexei genaral panel softwere it is very nice
but i am intrested in finding the PD and ND in glass cockpit and the IAS/VSI/ALT
in analogical like say a small turbo prop or a 737-300 so i can function the fmc
i know i am bulding a genaral aviation but i whant to have a fmc not a gps
if you know any were i can find it
regards