PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on monitor layout.

No Longer Active
08-18-2009, 09:57 AM
Hi,

I really can't decide what way to go....

In my cockpit, I can't decide whether to:

Place a 19" Widescreen Monitor behind my MIP, above the flight yoke hole and display 8 gauges...OR...

Place a 19" Squarescreen monitor behind the MIP and display ALL the gauges but not have anywhere for the yoke to pass through the MIP

http://alexpilot.50g.com/images/DILEMA.JPG

What would you do....how would I resolve the yoke/gauge problem?

Any Ideas's

Cheers!

Alex

Geremy Britton
08-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Just drill through the screen. :mrgreen:

NOTE: (If you are not educated on previous posts by Alex please do not take that advice)

Matt Olieman
08-18-2009, 12:29 PM
You Brits with the dry sense of humor, LOL :) :) :)

Unless you're going with gauges, which it seems your not, drill the hole lower, below the monitor and just put up with the little bit of inaccuracy. :)

I used a CH yoke on mine and I was able to adjust. Bottom line always is, how much realism do you want and how much money are you willing to spend. :)

Matt Olieman

Geremy Britton
08-18-2009, 12:36 PM
I can agree more with what matt said, in all seriousness this time. Its quality compared to cost. You could buy two monitors, put the yoke hole further down, change the arrangment of your gauges or buy two simkits guages for the bottom two.

That's all the solutions i can think of. Some may cost more money than others but at the end of the day it's down to you what you can improvise on.

Best regards

No Longer Active
08-18-2009, 03:49 PM
I can here the drill coming!!!!!:lol:

Please Gez, let's not go down that route, I got the sh*t ripped out of me for that, what was I thinking! PMSL