PDA

View Full Version : 1st Real flight

Steve A
08-17-2009, 05:02 PM
Today i flew my first proper flight in my sim with all the bells and whistles installed and i had an absolute blast, I flew from my home town airport (manchester uk) to my adopted home town (pafos cyprus) a 5 hour flight with wee brakes:mrgreen:
I found i couldn't get all my buttons working on my cheap overhead with the default 737-800 in fsx but i got enough working for a half right start up procedure. I heard about pmsounds yesterday and once i figured out which sounds to add and delete i was amazed how cool it is for something thats free. I also got hold of all the keystrokes for freefd so i could have all my glass displays doing wonders in front of my eyes.:cool:
My projector is set up really good with just the right field of view etc and my plug and play modules are working great. My mcp from open cockpits is very functional and works flawlessly. As does the goflight module Gez sent me and my radio.

Vox atc was my companion for the flight and i didn't have to repeat my self too much ;)
It was a bit of a bumpy landing but i got down safe.

My point to this thread, Well the isn't one really except to thank Mycockpit and its members for making todays flight possible in such a short time.

Still at 29000ft
steve

Geremy Britton
08-17-2009, 05:11 PM
Excellent news steve :), and LOL on the vox atc - It's just like talking to someone who doesn't speak english... Shout and say it slowly it soon clears you to wherever you want ;)

Pleased to see the modules are woking well, and PM is great software .. i think they use it as a kind of taster for what Project Magenta offer.

And that's what we're here for Steve to help our fellow members, thanks for updating us and i personally feel happy you have let us know how your progress has gone and that i have played a part in where you are today with the build.

It's realy pleasing to know our help has resulted in a successful project. You will never stop though, you'll always be building. You've got the 'bug' as they call it :)

Best Regards

Today i flew my first proper flight in my sim with all the bells and whistles installed and i had an absolute blast, I flew from my home town airport (manchester uk) to my adopted home town (pafos cyprus) a 5 hour flight with wee brakes:mrgreen:
I found i couldn't get all my buttons working on my cheap overhead with the default 737-800 in fsx but i got enough working for a half right start up procedure. I heard about pmsounds yesterday and once i figured out which sounds to add and delete i was amazed how cool it is for something thats free. I also got hold of all the keystrokes for freefd so i could have all my glass displays doing wonders in front of my eyes.:cool:
My projector is set up really good with just the right field of view etc and my plug and play modules are working great. My mcp from open cockpits is very functional and works flawlessly. As does the goflight module Gez sent me and my radio.

Vox atc was my companion for the flight and i didn't have to repeat my self too much ;)
It was a bit of a bumpy landing but i got down safe.

My point to this thread, Well the isn't one really except to thank Mycockpit and its members for making todays flight possible in such a short time.

Still at 29000ft
steve