PDA

View Full Version : XP Freed FD XPUIPC

ak49er
08-17-2009, 01:24 AM
Firstly, Thank-you Torsten!!!!

I use XPlane with XPUIPC, v1.5.0 with the x737 Project (B. Strattmann) with Free FD.

So far it works about 99%, very good!

However, I cannot get the Flight Director to show on the FreeFD PFD. have you pilots had any luck here?

The FD test indicator won't show and the FD flight path indicators don't show.

I vaguely remember some setting isolating FD from AP fucntions but can't find it again.

Also, while setting up, I cannot get any button on my Saitek x45 to actuate pitch/elevator trim. It does not matter how I set it up, ti will only work with an axcis, which is way too short of a trow for my taste.

This problem "followed" me when I booted up FS9 with the new X45, I even tried my spare X45 and then programmed different buttons many ways, but still could not get any trim, so I had to enable joystick within FS9 and add these two specific functions.

Weird?

So this is my work around for FS9, I will now venture into the garge to find a workaround for X Pane. I will then see if the problem repeats itself with a Flight Yoke, if so, it is probably an aircraft logic problem or setting and not hardware as I had thought.

Spyy
08-25-2009, 02:57 PM
Hi ak49er,

not easy to find your post :D....

Flight director is not coded yet, if you like you can try it with the new ODK on my website, or you can wait until I have done it...;)

The second "problem" I am afraid I don't understand ???

Torsten

ak49er
08-26-2009, 02:15 PM
Thank-you for your response, I am not familiar with offsets and the ODK but I may give it a try this week.

I am just very pleased to have all my other instruments working, and I am happy to report that the instrumentation of Free FD works faster and at more FSP with X-Plane/XPUIPC than FS9.

Excellent work! :mrgreen:

Spyy
08-28-2009, 04:17 PM
Send you a PM, FD now working...

Torsten