PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tested this EFIS kit?

HondaCop
08-15-2009, 08:16 AM
http://www.symul.tatuin.com.pl/strona/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=9&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=52&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=56

Has anyone tried the above EFIS kit? How's the quality? Does anyone have any other suggestion? I want to save $$$ and assemble my own EFIS instead of buying one already made.

Jackpilot
08-15-2009, 10:46 AM
I think it is a whole new line for Do it yourselfers , they revamped their site.
Prices look very good, try a small order...this is the best way to test quality, shipping, service, because what is fine with some can be not good enough for others...
And (lol) it is Euros!!
Cheers
Jack

fordgt40
08-15-2009, 11:35 AM
Hondacop

Be clear about what you are actually getting. A fully functional EFIS has combined rotary, encoder and push button switch on the MINS and BARO functions, together with Rotary and push button on the range and display mode. It is possible to make you own fully functional EFIS, but it needs some thought and equipment. If you are happy with the limited functionality which this unit appears to offer then great

Regards

David

HondaCop
08-15-2009, 11:56 AM
And (lol) it is Euros!!

LOL You knew I would like that. Better than the conversion from British Pounds to USD! hahahaha

Hondacop

Be clear about what you are actually getting. A fully functional EFIS has combined rotary, encoder and push button switch on the MINS and BARO functions, together with Rotary and push button on the range and display mode. It is possible to make you own fully functional EFIS, but it needs some thought and equipment. If you are happy with the limited functionality which this unit appears to offer then great

Regards

David

Yea bud, I know. I have already successfully converted a simply rotary into one with a push button feature via the use of an encoder and now that I can do them very easily, I will be able to make them for this EFIS kit.

Like JackPilot said, I will probably just order a set and see how everything goes as far as customer service, quality and shipping is concerned.

If all does go well, then I'll probably order a second EFIS set and also their MCP kit. I really am impressed with the prices considering you even get the knobs and all! So wish me luck guys. I will keep ya posted on the progress.

:p

HondaCop
08-15-2009, 12:03 PM
I spoke too soon... I knew there was a catch. Shipping for 1 EFIS kit is 100 EUR ($145 USD)!!!

I'm sorry but that's an outrage. :-(

fordgt40
08-15-2009, 12:03 PM
Hondacop

Great, just thought I would mention it :p There are piccies of the one I made on Ian Sissons website, if you are interested.

Regards

David

fordgt40
08-15-2009, 12:09 PM
Hondacop

Great, just thought I would mention it :p There are piccies of the one I made on Ian Sissons website, if you are interested.

Regards

David

ian@737ng.co.uk
08-15-2009, 01:13 PM
here's the link for you HC
http://www.737ng.co.uk/djb/index.htm
just a word of warning though......if you can make one to this standard, boeing are going to 'headhunt' you for the 797 project :o
regards .... ian

HondaCop
08-15-2009, 02:15 PM
Hondacop

Regards

David

here's the link for you HC
http://www.737ng.co.uk/djb/index.htm
just a word of warning though......if you can make one to this standard, boeing are going to 'headhunt' you for the 797 project :o
regards .... ian

WORK OF ART!!! Outstanding job, buddy! BTW, do you have a SIOC script for the Brake Pressure gauge? ;)

fordgt40
08-15-2009, 05:46 PM
Hi Efrain

Thanks for the kind comments. Sorry, but I do not have a SIOC script yet for the brake pressure gauge. I will eventually code one, and will PM you when available - might be some time as I am busy building the overhead and completing the pedestal;)

Regards

David

HondaCop
08-15-2009, 05:55 PM
Hi Efrain

Thanks for the kind comments. Sorry, but I do not have a SIOC script yet for the brake pressure gauge. I will eventually code one, and will PM you when available - might be some time as I am busy building the overhead and completing the pedestal;)

Regards

David

Looking forward to it. ;)