PDA

View Full Version : Transponder unit

Jackpilot
08-14-2009, 11:31 AM
757/767/777

Can be rewired with a Goflight Kit or else and make a super digital transponder ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BOEING-757-767-CNA-PANEL-USED-AIRCRAFT-PART_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem2c50617575QQitemZ190327125365QQptZMotorsQ5fAviationQ5fPartsQ5fGear

Just found this radar panel too: easy to interface for sim functions, just switches!!
Do not let it go to UK, will resurface much more expensive...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190327125374

HondaCop
08-14-2009, 02:18 PM

LOL :p I'm with you on this one!

Jackpilot
08-14-2009, 02:23 PM
Just for the special knobs...worth it.

sja
09-01-2009, 04:45 AM

Only one person in the UK that I know of doing this, some of us actually want to buy cheap sim parts to use ourselves! Also seen the person I speak of have auctions "end" on eBay for hundreds of dollars only to have the same thing relisted seconds later for hundreds of dollars more again! Is there no way we can stop this except boycott them?

Jackpilot
09-01-2009, 08:49 AM
Its a free world....the end consumer attitude is the only regulator!

Do not forget that dealers are supposed to know their market and ususally stop bidding when the percieved "market value" is reached, because at that stage they will not make any money on the resale. And the "market value" is what people are ready to dish out!
The ultimate answer is in your hands.

sja
09-01-2009, 10:32 AM
Its a free world....the end consumer attitude is the only regulator!

Do not forget that dealers are supposed to know their market and ususally stop bidding when the percieved "market value" is reached, because at that stage they will not make any money on the resale. And the "market value" is what people are ready to dish out!
The ultimate answer is in your hands.

Exactly! If it's too expensive, nobody will buy. But I was trying to point out that many of us here in the UK are simply sim builders looking for parts, not trying to make a fast buck by reselling.

The obsolete airplane parts market in the UK is much smaller than in the US, and many of us (myself included) buy from the US.

What I don't like, and perhaps I wrongly took from your quote "don't let it go to UK, will resurface much more expensive" you don't either, is the few out to make a fast buck at the expense of enthusiasts like ourselves.

I can remember when this hobby consisted of telling friends who were building a "such & such" cockpit where they could find the parts they needed and they reciprocated.

As you say "The ultimate answer is in my hands" which whilst true is a pity if I have to stop buying real parts because of these few.

Home cockpit / flight simulator industry regulator, anyone?

Jackpilot
09-02-2009, 09:13 AM
"Do not let it go to UK, will resurface much more expensive..."

You misunterstood the point.
Nearly all of the "EBay oldtimers" know this specific UK buyer who buys and resell and this is the Guy I was referring to, and who was bidding on that particular item.
He recently changed its name but we know him anyway.

Nothing to do with you or other UK cockpit builders...continue to buy real parts, they are so inexpensive for what you get.

Cheers
Jack