PDA

View Full Version : FS2K4 will not download real weather

choffmann
08-10-2009, 03:05 PM
I have problems with downloading real weather in FS2K4. I get a notice from FS to look up the internet connection and settings, but the internet browser works flawlessly.
What could be the cause?
Could there be a fault with my network setup which I just installed?
PC1 (running FS) is connected to the internet via W-LAN to a W-LAN router. It therefore gets a dynamic IP adress from the DHCP server. PC 1 is also connected over LAN (by means of a second router) to PC2 and PC3. In this LAN each client has a fixed IP adress. Both IP adress groups are different and have different submasks. I can run the internet browser and FS at the same time independently on PC 1 and have the LAN working fine at the same time.

Thanx for your help!

Chris

Anderson/SBSP
08-10-2009, 04:23 PM
See the firewall settings, maybe he blocks the conection between FS and internet.

choffmann
08-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the advice, no it wasnīt the Firewall. I donīt know what it was, but its gone. Everythings working fine again. My guess is, there was a conflict of the IP adresses on the two networks, which are networked. If I start the internet first and download the whether, and THEN start the LAN, then it works.

Cheers
Chris