PDA

View Full Version : Big fokker cockpit being sold on ebay

richard hutchinson
08-06-2009, 08:01 AM
Any of you guys seen this on ebay in "Aircraft parts for sale".

Hope it gets a good home, it deserves it. Weighs about a ton!

ian@737ng.co.uk
08-06-2009, 11:57 AM
trust me rich :o i've already put a bid in
rgds ... ian

ian@737ng.co.uk
08-06-2009, 12:03 PM
sorry chaps, here's the link
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150363848543&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
ian

No Longer Active
08-06-2009, 12:04 PM
Hi Guys!

Ive already posted this link on here a few days ago:

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16836

I put the link up on mycockpit as soon as I saw it!

Ian...you going to convert it to a 737?......you sure do amaze me! :)

I recon he wants minimum £500.....just a guess though....worth emailing the seller and ask him what a reasonable bid would be to win the item!

richard hutchinson
08-06-2009, 12:18 PM
Did you want a very heavy fokker then?

trust me rich :o i've already put a bid in
rgds ... ian

No Longer Active
08-06-2009, 12:38 PM
....what a fokker she is too!

Wow....

My guess is Ian will build a fokker on the side!

ian@737ng.co.uk
08-06-2009, 12:53 PM
looking for a new challenge :o
still got half the garage left :o
just thinking aloud and i love props.......especially twins
but i'm not sure if the bride will be as understanding this time :o
let's see.........
rgds ... ian

Geremy Britton
08-06-2009, 02:20 PM
I saw that 2 hours after it went on and offered him a buy it now price immediately. For that very reason on converting it to a 737NG. But he's looking for a bit more than what i offered. So i'm going with Alex on this one. I think closer to the £500 mark, i think if someone asked him his reserve price he'd tell you but that's up to you.

It is rare for you to see somthing that america can be jealous about. Most shells like this are in America. And theres not usually something in the UK at cheaper price than the US as far as aviation goes.

Very best of luck Ian - if you're being serious;), I realy hope someone from the forum wins this one. I want updates on the progress. It's very unusual also, to see the full front part. They normally shop them off at cabin floor level.

May the best bid win. This will be an interesting one to follow.

dnoize
08-06-2009, 02:24 PM
great sim.

Its allready partially interfaced. Many functional simkits instruments.

The owner thought of selling it before. There are more pictures of his sim in the simkits forum.

Cant imagine this going for as little as 500 pounds.... its not a cessna shell.

Edit: just noticed the the simkits gear and interfaces are not included. 500 might be possible but still a bargain !

Grab this one if you can. Btw. its not wide enough for a true 737 conversion.

Stef

richard hutchinson
08-06-2009, 02:53 PM
....what a fokker she is too!

Wow....

My guess is Ian will build a fokker on the side!

But Ian's already got a big fokker in his garage! Are you saying he might want two fokkers? When anyone visits, he could always say "come and meet the two fokkers".

Geremy Britton
08-06-2009, 02:55 PM
''Meet the Fockers'' Sponsored by Boeing. Or so he wished ;) LOL good one Rich.

No Longer Active
08-06-2009, 03:41 PM
You just want to meet Mary Martha Focker Really! Lol

Meet The Fockers, Smashin! :)

2 fockers in 1 room! I ask ya!

Alex

turbopropdriver
08-08-2009, 09:15 PM
Hi people,
I just thought that I would let you all know that this is my F27.

I'm pretty gutted to be selling, but I just don't have the time anymore.
Anyway, if you're seriously interested, just thought I would let you know that I will be leaving all the pots in, which are top quality sealed units rated to something ridiculous like 5000,000 turns.

The roll,pitch and yaw pots are in as well as the throttles. Nothing else is wired up, but everything is there including the gear lever and trim wheels. All the overheads are there with just about all the switches etc in place on the panels.
Both yokes and pedals are all still interconnected and I'm using bungee cords to give "resistance" on the control rods and cables. The nose gear steering tiller is even there.

I'm sure that I don't have to tell you what an incredible opportunity this is to find in the UK, very very rare.

If you need any more info, let me know.

Dean

warvet
08-09-2009, 05:11 AM
Or he could also say There goes Ian, the guy who only hangs out with a couple of dirty fokkers! LOL

Tim

But Ian's already got a big fokker in his garage! Are you saying he might want two fokkers? When anyone visits, he could always say "come and meet the two fokkers".

Geremy Britton
08-15-2009, 09:40 AM
... so that's it guys. It's ended. Do we know who bought it or would the lucky buyer like to identify himself if he's hanging around here?

Definately a steal at £700.

turbopropdriver
08-15-2009, 10:37 AM
I know who won the auction ;)

I think he is a member on here. But I won't reveal details, will leave that up to him.

It is an absolute bargain. I think I could have sold the panels, yokes, quad etc for more.

So it's bye bye to simming for me :cry:

Gazuk21
08-15-2009, 02:20 PM
Guys,

Myself and another member Lufty were lucky to win this auction and cannot wait to continue with this project.

Its going to be a bit slower than our current 777 sim though :-)

Looking forward to keeping you guys updated on our progress.

Cheers
Gary
www.simfest.co.uk

Geremy Britton
08-15-2009, 02:52 PM
Excellent buy guys. Well done, please please please keep up updated on the progress. It will be like watching a child grow up the way you'll restore this :) Can't wait to see what you do with it :)

Which aircraft are you using the shell for? Sticking with the triple seven or not..

Kind Regards

Gazuk21
08-15-2009, 05:26 PM
Gez,

We are planning to restore it to its former glory as an F27 :-)

Be nice to have something that requires flying with no automatics....

Cheers
G

turbopropdriver
08-15-2009, 05:47 PM
Gez,

We are planning to restore it to its former glory as an F27 :-)

Be nice to have something that requires flying with no automatics....

Cheers
G

I'm really pleased to hear that. Have done quite a few "flights" in it and was hoping it would stay as an F27 the RR Darts sounded awesome inside. I'll try to put a disc together for you with the FSX aircraft I used and the pics n history I have. I've even exchanged emails with one of it's pilots from Channel Express.
Such a relief that it's going to a good home.

Dean

Gazuk21
08-15-2009, 06:40 PM
Dean,

That's excellent news, thanks!

I must admit having researched the aircraft for a week or so I have fallen in love with it.

The noise of those engines is awesome :-)

My particular favorite is the way they have just thrown a load of switches in the ceiling and called it an overhead!

Rest assured we will look after her.

Looking forward to collection!

Cheers
Gary

Photon
08-15-2009, 11:37 PM
Dean mate,

Sorry to see you leaving flight simming, but knowing what you're like, you won't be sitting still. You've been a prolific sim builder over the past few years, and I think a bit of a work-a-holic. Hope you get the chance now to do a bit more real flying.

You moving to a different country again by any chance?

All the best mate,
Peter.

turbopropdriver
08-17-2009, 08:44 AM
Dean mate,

Sorry to see you leaving flight simming, but knowing what you're like, you won't be sitting still. You've been a prolific sim builder over the past few years, and I think a bit of a work-a-holic. Hope you get the chance now to do a bit more real flying.

You moving to a different country again by any chance?

All the best mate,
Peter.

Hey Peter,
Damn good to hear from you. Funny you should say that. One of the lads from work moved out to Sydney last October and another is following soon. Seriously considering it now. Could do with some real hour building and have heard it's good for it over there.

As you say though, prob won't be sitting still for long and doubtful that I'll stay away from the simming for too long. I have always had a strange urge for a heli sim.....

All the best, Dean

turbopropdriver
08-28-2009, 05:05 PM
Well, my F27 has gone. I couldn't even watch it drive off, I know that it was such a rare thing to own.

This is the first time in around 6 years that I have been without a sim and my shed is strangely empty.

:(

Geremy Britton
08-28-2009, 05:21 PM
I'm sure it was a very sorry sight however it has gone to good hands and there is every help Gary could wish for here to help him out whenever he needs it. Although i've need any F27 builders on here, it is a rare thing to build... there are plenty of other builders which will help as many things are the same throughout.

Was it due to the current economic climate you parted out with the sim? You don't appear to have wanted to do it. :(

Best Regards, and thanks for the update .. i'm sure the new owner will pop in here and announce progress soon. I want to follow this journey and i'm sure you do too :) :)

turbopropdriver
08-28-2009, 06:22 PM
I only sold it because I just haven't got the time for such a big project. I've hardly done anything on it this year.

Who knows, I'll probably be back with something else when I've finished all the work on the house and the motorhome conversion and my car tuning, all of which is on hold anyway because I hurt my right hand quite badly last weekend.

If only I could give up working, then I would have plenty more time.....

Gazuk21
08-29-2009, 04:28 AM
Dean,

Thanks for your help yesterday, even without one hand you were man handling that sim for us!

What an effort that was to move, we owe you a garden light and a new letter box!

It was probably the funniest sight i have ever seen taking that 240 miles on the back of a trailer. I think we certainly provided some entertainment for all the people stuck in the bank holiday traffic jams.

We finally got it into the barn at midnight last night.

Going back over there to secure it tonight and will upload some pictures.

Cheers
Gary

turbopropdriver
08-29-2009, 09:16 AM
Glad to hear you got it back ok.

I had similar looks when I transported my previous Queenair up to the shipping company when we took it out to Cyprus with us.

Transfer went ok by the way.

Going to buy a new light n letter box today, don't worry about that.

BHawthorne
08-29-2009, 11:07 AM
Dean,

It was probably the funniest sight i have ever seen taking that 240 miles on the back of a trailer. I think we certainly provided some entertainment for all the people stuck in the bank holiday traffic jams.

*chuckle* When I brought my F-84F home from Texas to Kansas trailered it was the same way. Bunch of distracted drivers. Going through Houston and Dallas proved especially a mess. Brings back entertaining memories. :D

Haz_737NG
10-08-2009, 10:50 PM
I saw a photo of it at a petrol station behing a car on the trailer at night.