PDA

View Full Version : X-Plane Thunder Sound addon sound pack

Padraig
08-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Since I noticed there is no sounds category for X-Plane like others simulators I ended up posting here.

I have now added a project that I created and completed back in 2007 for X-Plane 8 and now also supports X-Plane 9 +.

Now we all know that immersive sound in a flight simulator adds alot more realism to the hole outfit. Well when I heard the thunder sounds from bad weather, which were the stock versions with X-Plane, they were mono and had a low sample. I wasn't pleased.

So I ventured out and decided to make my own for the commuinity. I sucessfully achieved my own pure stereo thunder sounds, with a full low pass and also with a little high pass, using various filters with hardware and software I had here at the time. The result was quite outstanding compared to the stock sounds.

I have now uploaded them here to the X-Plane section for Mycockpit users to avail of.

Please read the readme before you install the sound set.

Link will be added when approved.

I hope enjoy them as much as I and other many X-Plane users do.

The file has been approved so fetch it here

http://www.mycockpit.org/fileshare/showentry.php?e=350

Geremy Britton
08-05-2009, 09:31 PM
Thanks very much for your contribution Patrick, realy great to see people dedicated to improving the flight sim experience. Although i'm not on x-plane the few who are will appreciate that greatly.

:) :)

JSpahn
08-06-2009, 05:48 AM
Thanks for this, my pit is based on X-Plane and I like to see good add-ons for this fantastic sim. I just wish more developers would hop aboard because X-Plane has tons of potential.

Looking forward to testing it out!

Padraig
08-06-2009, 10:19 AM
Thanks for this, my pit is based on X-Plane and I like to see good add-ons for this fantastic sim. I just wish more developers would hop aboard because X-Plane has tons of potential.

Looking forward to testing it out!

Thanks very much for your contribution Patrick, realy great to see people dedicated to improving the flight sim experience. Although i'm not on x-plane the few who are will appreciate that greatly.

:) :)

Welcome guys, I also think x-plane is great. I was listening to Austins podcast the other night on FSbreak. Sounds like there is going to be a very big change in xplane 10 to a point where you wont even recongise the new one from the old one!

Not only that, but Torsten's work is also fantastic too!

flatlandpilot
12-12-2009, 07:24 AM
Thank you Padraig for enhancing the default weather sounds,
this is really cool, and gives me more inspiration to
continue my efforts with S/PDIF 7.1