PDA

View Full Version : IMO lights question

RobiD
07-16-2009, 07:44 PM
Hi,

This may sound like a silly question for someone who has his student pilots licence, but in what circumstances should the Inner, Middle and Outer marker lights illuminate.

Here is why I ask:

I have built a cockpit (generic cessna) and have built all the FSBus boards, coded nearly everything, and I have have just finished coding the IMO lights.

In order to test that they are working exactly the same as the software, I need the software IMO lights to illuminate.

I have flown lots of approaches with ILS, vfr, vor approaches, but the Lights in the software don't light up.

I know that the Outer should light about 4nm out, middle about 1 to 2nm and the inner should light just over the threshold.

I thought these illuminated under all circumstances, even if you are just doing touch and goes with out nav assistance.

Love to know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks
David

Jackpilot
07-16-2009, 07:54 PM
They are supposed to work all the time.
In real life, here in Canada they have been discontinued, still on in the US I think.
They should light up, in FS9 at least, automatically.

RobiD
07-16-2009, 08:00 PM
So I don't have to set anything for them to work when I'm flying?

I am not sure if they have been discontinued in Australia, but I would think that they would still work in FSX anyway.

Perhaps I'll try a US approach. Can you suggest one where you know the IMO lights work?

Thanks