PDA

View Full Version : Connecting to FSHost Server with FSX

N242AM
07-04-2009, 02:09 PM
Could someone update the instructions for connecting with FSX. The instructions on the Server Status page are not compatible with FSX. Possible those are for FS9.

I seem to have found other options for FSX and believe I have entered the information correctly but still cannot connect to the server. I receive this message, "Cannot create connection to host".

Bob Reed
07-04-2009, 02:29 PM
I do not have FSX installed so I am not sure how to connect with it.. Looking now to see if there is anything different I have to do on the server end. Do you have all the proper ports passed through your router? That is a must.

Bob Reed
07-04-2009, 02:34 PM
Here is a link to the FSHost forum that may be of help. http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/forum/index.php?board=4.0
According to there docs our server should accept FSX Client connections.

Trevor Hale
07-04-2009, 03:41 PM
I don't have my fsx machine running right now, But I know Matt Olieman does, maybe he can let us know if he can connect.

Trev

N242AM
07-04-2009, 04:56 PM
Maybe today is not the best time to try a multiplayer flight since I don't want to take anyone away from their holiday. But if its ok ..........

Its been awhile since I connected to the MyCockpit on-line flying server. I don't recall having to use the FSX provided connection screens.

I still have FSHostClient installed. It will connect to the server but the FSX Multiplayer will not.

Since the MyCockpit FSHost Server Status page says to connect through MSFS Mutliplayer and not FSHostClient which is correct? What ever works? Did you guys decide not to use FSHostClient?

Matt Olieman
07-04-2009, 06:37 PM
Using FSHost with FSX

Download FSHostClient 1.1 here (http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/fshost/FSHostClient1.1.zip)

Follow the Installation instructions explicitly.

Installation:

Extract all files in the downloaded zip file to any directory. (For example: "C:\Program Files\FSHostClient" would be fine)

Run the program (FSHostClient.exe) from the directory you extracted the files to.

Make sure FSX is in "windowed" mode, not "Full Screen". At the moment, you need to have FSX in "windowed" mode in order to see the various popup windows from FSHostClient (chat, multiplayer connect, etc.). You can maximize the FSX window by clicking the middle button up in the right corner, but be sure the "Full Screen" option under the View menu is not checked. (press the Alt key if you don't see the menu bar in FSX).

Disable local AI traffic in FSX. (Options / Settings / Display / Traffic tab, set "Airline" and "General Aviation" traffic to zero)

Turn on player names over their aircraft. To do this in FSX, click the Options menu, select Settings, then Display, then click the Traffic tab. You can turn information on and off in the "Aircraft labels" section on the right. Be sure to turn on "Tail number", in order to see the other players' names.

Connect FSX to an FSHost server. There are two ways to do this. In FSX, start a flight so you're in a plane, then click the Add-ons menu, select FSHostClient, and then "Multiplayer Connect". Or if you want to connect before starting a flight, use the FSHostClient window and click the Multiplayer menu, and select "Connect to session" (or just click Ctrl-M). To disconnect from within FSX, click the Add-ons menu, select FSHostClient, and then "Multiplayer Disconnect". Or in FSHostClient, click the Multiplayer menu and select "Disconnect from session" (or just click Ctrl-D). Works with existing FSHost servers, no upgrade is currently required for FSHost, although a new FSHost will be available later to take advantage of new features in FSX and FSHostClient.

The current Port being used is 23456, so make sure your router/modem is setup to use that port.

Use any player name you wish, it doesn't matter.

The IP address for connecting to FSHost is: 208.34.83.253

It worked for me on the first try :) :) :)

Happy Flying :)

Matt Olieman

Bob Reed
07-04-2009, 06:42 PM
Yes you do have to use the FSX client software to connect and then you connect FSX to that... I know not much but it is all I have right now.

Maybe today is not the best time to try a multiplayer flight since I don't want to take anyone away from their holiday. But if its ok ..........

Its been awhile since I connected to the MyCockpit on-line flying server. I don't recall having to use the FSX provided connection screens.

I still have FSHostClient installed. It will connect to the server but the FSX Multiplayer will not.

Since the MyCockpit FSHost Server Status page says to connect through MSFS Mutliplayer and not FSHostClient which is correct? What ever works? Did you guys decide not to use FSHostClient?

Matt Olieman
07-04-2009, 07:31 PM

I was trying to catch up to you, but you were just to fast :) :) :) That was a fast Cessna :)

Finally found you and saw your ID. So it works :)

Matt Olieman

N242AM
07-04-2009, 07:53 PM
Fast Cessna! Yes, was flying the Mustang. With the 24kt tailwind and FL350, I was at 365kts. Destination was KMIA.

Thanks for getting me straight on using FSHost with FSX. As I stated, the site page had me a bit confused as to why I could not connect. Now I know those instuctions are for FS9.

Happy 4th to all!