PDA

View Full Version : I Cannot honestly beleive this price!

Geremy Britton
07-02-2009, 09:48 AM
This is my kind of thing. You just have to take a look. I'd buy the thing myself if i wasn't already constructing my own and it was a boeing!

Definately a must for anyone considering an airbus (A320)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=230352261126

I live less than an our away from the location of this item, if there was someone hugely interested in this but finding pickup a problem i could collect it and store it for a small period of time. Although that would be realy just to help someone out not to miss this great offer, and would encur cost of fuel etc etc.

Anyway i'll leave it with you guys to look at it! Brilliant, never seen the frame for any aircraft on ebay UK in 10 years so anyone in the UK this is ideal.

I have asked if the item detached and it comes apart in two sections so could possibly fit in a large car?
3 Hours 30 mins remaining. Are you going to let it go for that!

Bargain of the month i would say.
P.S as much as i may be renound for my 'excellent value products' i am not the seller of this item just been watching it. And the cost hasn't moved all week.

Jackpilot
07-02-2009, 10:24 AM
Call NIgel...fast!!

NigelD
07-02-2009, 11:25 AM
Jack- lol!! I did take a look, and had I seen this last week I would probably have grabbed it! Cheap at twice the price, they say... I suppose I could scrap my shoddy work and get that instead...

Let me think about that one. . . :p

Nigel.

No Longer Active
07-02-2009, 11:43 AM
Damn that's cheap!

Good find gez....

Im sooo tempted....pay day this week?

I think Nigel would be more worthy of it than me though!

Geremy Britton
07-02-2009, 12:00 PM
Jack, i thought the same thing with Nigel's Airbus build! I mean i'd cost you £30 in MDF, screws, and glue. And lol i would say your work is far better than 'shoddy' Nigel :) .. as compliments go.

Alex, ditching the GA to move to the dark side are we?;)

No Longer Active
07-02-2009, 12:23 PM
Haha Gez....

Gez I'd buy it just for the sake of buying it at that price, but I'd hate the long drive up north! So I probably won't be buying it! I'm sure there are alot more people out there that would appreciate its true value than me so I would never take this away from them!

I'm GA forever pal!

I wouldn't have a clue how to fly a 737 / Airbus anyway.

Though I do fly the Lear jet every now and again which is quite fun, and my GA pit seems to fly the Lear jet well, though it's quite strange flying a Lear jet in a GA setup.

I'd love a 737 / Airbus pit, but I just cannot afford to build it, as to my GA pit is a lot cheaper to build and atleast I know that I can definitely build it and to my skill level, hence the GA pit is a lot smaller and more suited to my small flat.

Maybe one day I will venture down the jet liner route, but isn't it better and more important to learn how to fly a 737 before building it, I don't know hardly anything about the systems used in flying a 737, I don't know what hardly anything is on the MIP of a 737 like EFIS and stuff, I know what a MCP is but all the other stuff like that just goes through 1 ear and out the other....

Hence the GA pit theres hardly anything to it.....just the basics!

Basic and me go well!

But if anyone would be interested in enlightening me on the basic systems of a 737 and what they do then I would surely and truly appreciate the knowledge.

brynjames
07-02-2009, 01:38 PM
Big mistake reading this forum - I now seem to be the proud owner of heap of plywood which may or may not fit into my car, and is located a highly inconvenient distance from where I live. And my Boeing-like GoFlight MCP Pro is going to look pretty strange in it too.

I think I'm going to be building a Bairbus.

So where's the marriage counseling forum?

--
Bryn

Geremy Britton
07-02-2009, 01:44 PM
Haha! LOL. Well the first bidder only put in £30 then. You've got one heck of a bargain there!

And Looks like your going to the airbus side then .. you've got a pretty good start there. :)

Thanks for letting us know you won it, and pleeeasse keep up updated as to the renovation and how it is used as it progresses. Great to see how someones flight sim project stems from the link provided here.

And also did you create an ebay account just to bid on that item? :D Says you've been a member of ebay less than a day.

I wish you all the luck in the world with the upcoming project on your hands.

Jackpilot
07-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Bryn...

If you "stick" with the 737, (which you should of course) remember what Nigel said hereabove.!!!

Thanks for sharing.
Jack

brynjames
07-02-2009, 03:57 PM

And also did you create an ebay account just to bid on that item? :D Says you've been a member of ebay less than a day.

I wish you all the luck in the world with the upcoming project on your hands.

Yes, read your message 90 minutes before the auction closed, and as I am away from home where all my passwords live I had to open a new account.

Now it is time for some serious planning :)

--
Bryn

Geremy Britton
07-02-2009, 03:59 PM
hehe, well any help you may need you know where we are :)

brynjames
08-26-2009, 01:54 PM
Thought you might like a progress report. Progress? What progress?!

A 400+ mile drive along England's crowded motorways and I got the beast home. "Where is that going?" said my wife. "No problemo, into the garage, just temporarily" I said.

737NG Ian has his sim in a 3 metre cube space in his garage.

I have several 3 metre cubes in my garage, but each contain at least 4 cubic metres of junk :roll: So I am now engaged in a major garage clearing operation, numerous trips to the local rubbish dump, a a project to reseal the garage floor with floor paint which must have a high platinum content if the price is any indication.

You will notice that flightsimming or cockpit building has not yet entered the activity list :cry:

--
Bryn

phil744
08-26-2009, 02:03 PM
reseal the garage floor with floor paint which must have a high platinum content if the price is any indication.

Sorry i just read that and wet myself laughing, i had a quote today to re do the unit floor here, OMG:shock:

Good luck with the project, keep us posted

Matt Olieman
08-26-2009, 02:03 PM
Amazing what we get ourselves into. But think of all the fun you'll have when you're flying your 3 metre cube cleaned up space with an A320 cockpit in place. :) :) :)

Matt Olieman

HondaCop
08-26-2009, 02:20 PM
Thought you might like a progress report. Progress? What progress?!

A 400+ mile drive along England's crowded motorways and I got the beast home. "Where is that going?" said my wife. "No problemo, into the garage, just temporarily" I said.

737NG Ian has his sim in a 3 metre cube space in his garage.

I have several 3 metre cubes in my garage, but each contain at least 4 cubic metres of junk :roll: So I am now engaged in a major garage clearing operation, numerous trips to the local rubbish dump, a a project to reseal the garage floor with floor paint which must have a high platinum content if the price is any indication.

You will notice that flightsimming or cockpit building has not yet entered the activity list :cry:

--
Bryn

LOL We home-cockpit builders sure are a special breed. I am also in the process of purchasing a house and can you believe that whenever we were looking at a potential house to buy, I would only think of WHERE I would put my home-cockpit. hahahaha This was a BIG determining factor, when deciding on which house to buy. Dining room? Family room? Who needs them? Just make sure you have a large, spare room for your pit! hahahaha

No Longer Active
08-26-2009, 03:39 PM
I agree with you there.

Planning to buy a home and relocate somewhere always depends on the size of your sim....

A house isn't meant to live in....its to house your sim!

Definitely!

mpl330
08-26-2009, 04:40 PM
Planning to buy a home and relocate somewhere always depends on the size of your sim....

A house isn't meant to live in....its to house your sim!
Definitely!

Remember, work out how many bedrooms you need then add 1 for the sim! :grin:
Cheers
Mike

Geremy Britton
08-26-2009, 05:22 PM
LOL. Couldn't agree more with you there.

And Bryn, thanks very much for keeping us updated. That's much appreciated. I do like to see how things progress with everyones sim, and i think its vital to learn of others' problems and successes along the way.

Good luck with the build .. and do i need to mention keep up updated again?

:)

tugo31
08-26-2009, 05:45 PM
Remember, work out how many bedrooms you need then add 1 for the sim! :grin:
Cheers
Mike

Or you can proudly say: I have the nose of a 737 in my wifes living room!!!!