PDA

View Full Version : dumb question about mcp

Steve A
06-26-2009, 04:14 PM
I hope i'm not being too dumb here but i have a problem with my open cockpits mcp.
I have connected it correctly with a powered usb and a 5v adapter and it works fine with the mcp test program.
i have followed the very vague instructions in the pdf and installed the software where its supposed to go.
When i start the sioc mcp the module numbers light up and i can turn all the dials and the numbers change, however the led lights and buttons dont seem to respond. When i run the default 737 in fsx the only thing that seems to work is the course knob. nothing else has any effect on the sim.

Have i installed the software incorrectly or am i stupid. The o/c forums are no help and the pdf manual is a waste of time. Im at my wits end please help.

i have fsuipc v4.5

Geremy Britton
06-26-2009, 06:15 PM
ok, i can only suggest what you could try. I don't know if the MCP is supposed to assign the nessessary functions itself (like goflight modules, they assign their respective functions without any assignments)
So you could try programming each button and rotary in FSUIPC for the function that it suposed to be doing in FSX.

You could try another USB port or reinstall the driver software.

Lets see the other solutions of other members too, theres just a couple of things you could check and try in the mean time.

Might help slightly :)

Steve A
06-27-2009, 03:10 AM
After digging a little deeper i did find a solution, open cockpits manuals are not very good if your building for the first time.
It was quite simple in the end so i was dumb :D
It turned out i had to change a line in the config sioc ini file. Open cockpits dont make it too clear.
I have to say the unit is excellent though and the packaging was top notch.

Goldmember
06-27-2009, 11:17 AM
Though Steve has already solved it, it might be worthy to mention that it seems to matter in which USB ports you hook Opencockpit stuff. It even differs whether you use 5V external power or not. It used to work for me (MCP+EFIS) but the MCP was unreliable. I had to add external power. From that moment, I couldn't get the EFIS and MCP to work together, only 1 of 2 worked depending which one was powered with 5V. When I bought a new motherboard, the problems were over. I'll never know what it was in my old PC configuration.

bsv118
06-27-2009, 11:53 AM
Hi Steve
Maybe this is an help for you
Stefano

Geremy Britton
06-27-2009, 01:15 PM
Similarly to what goldmember said, my computer seems to get ' confused' if you start switching around hardware with usb parts all the time. It can get mixed up. Now i just assign a device to a usb port and always keep it there.

Goldmember
06-28-2009, 05:00 PM
I got valueble new insight in how you can tackle the sometimes hairpulling device index, device number, duplicate device numbers, not detected device numbers etcetera in this thread:

http://www.flightdecksoftware.com/forum/index.php?topic=133.msg516#msg516

It describes how to connect the OC devices one by one and apply the things you see in sioc.ini. A must read for OC users!

mpl330
06-28-2009, 05:35 PM
It turned out i had to change a line in the config sioc ini file. Open cockpits dont make it too clear.

Can I ask what you changed? Am thinking about getting the OC mcp...
Cheers
Mike