PDA

View Full Version : 737 Ipeco seats replica

ivar hestnes
06-20-2009, 02:49 PM
I have been working on a seat replica for long time now. Will start machining components next week. These seats will be available to buy from me. Will make grey and brown version. Adjustable seats, complete with rails. Still some work to do. But hope to have a finished prototype in a month or so;).

Hope you like:)

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c380/vrinsk/sete-1.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c380/vrinsk/sete-2.jpg

dnoize
06-20-2009, 04:30 PM
Ivar, those designs look great.

If the final seat will look as promising as your design does, you can put me down for 2 !

Stef

ivar hestnes
06-20-2009, 05:32 PM
Thanks for that Stef:)

I try to put lot of efforts in the mechanics quality here. So I hope to have a product with very good quality. That is the big goal.

I need two seats myself and try to push the limits a little here;)

Melnato
06-21-2009, 01:58 AM
Looking good mate!

Gotta ask...J-Rails too?:cool:

Nat

ivar hestnes
06-21-2009, 07:54 AM
Yes Nat. J-rails is designed but not tested yet:)

mpl330
06-21-2009, 12:04 PM
Looks like Ivar is going to do it again!!!

Looks great - have you found a source for the seat material yet? I have an unfinished seat cushion to complete on my lower quality version...

Cheers
Mike

TobiBS
06-21-2009, 12:41 PM
Looks very nice, do you also have harness for it, or will standard harness fit to it?

Do you think it can also fit in an Airbus flight deck?

Can you already estimate pricing, at least a direction?

ivar hestnes
06-21-2009, 01:02 PM
No decisions made regarding the fabrics for the seat cushions yet.

It is a Boeing airplane seat design, but can be installed in whatever project you have. Thats up to you;). No price estimates yet. Price will be released upon launch. Lots of calculations do do. First priority is to get the prototype done, and tested.

Glad you like the design so far:)

oal331
06-21-2009, 01:19 PM
Count 2 for me also, if the total cost with shipping to Athens will be normal ;-)

TobiBS
06-21-2009, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the infos!

Glad you like the design so far:)
Of course,the design looks very durable I think and that's most important, are all the parts on the draft are made in metal?

ChrisKLAS
06-21-2009, 01:58 PM
I'm sooooooo in. Great work Ivar, thanks!

ivar hestnes
06-21-2009, 06:09 PM
Lots of different materials will be used on the seats, including loads of aluminium:).

flyboy01
06-22-2009, 04:21 AM
Ivar,
Looks fantastic. And very promising on the seat rails as well. Would imagine you can put me down for a couple as well. Would these be available in kit form, possibly to save on volumetric space for shipping? as i imagine that they would be fairly bulky as a 1 piece unit. Costing a small fortune in shipping.
Trev

rhysb
06-22-2009, 05:44 AM
Sweet as Ivar! Boeing Brown for me thanks!!

choffmann
06-22-2009, 11:41 AM
Hi Ivar,

really looks very promising! I am looking forward to your J-rail solution. I have been working on them for a couple of weeks, but as of now, I ended up with wooden J-rails (Fig.1). The seats will slide on them because they have paired casters. I did not find a suitable solution for metal rails, because 1. bending strong enough metal rails in the correct way seems difficult, 2. I found no appropriate mechanism to have the casters roll on the rails from the side, like the original, because of the heavy load on them (Fig.2).

Chris

vybhav
06-22-2009, 01:02 PM
Wow, those look really great. Keep us posted on how those finally look. Great Job.

Regards
Vybhava Srinivasan

mauriceb
06-22-2009, 01:57 PM
Instead of creating a complicated J rail system, I though that this might be a reasonable compromise & could be adapted to any type of seat. Not as elegant as curved J rails but would be a lot easier to build I think.

Maurice

ivar hestnes
06-22-2009, 03:37 PM
That is absolutely a nice way to do it Maurice. No doubt, and it should work fine:).

But, I just have to do the J-rails;). They are designed. But I am not going to reveal the design yet. I think you will like it when I publish pictures of the finished prototype:)

Hopefully this is something good to wait for. I have lots of plans for the seats and its components. But cant say too much yet;). But can assure you that I am working very hard on this. First components for the protos is being machined today. And this will continue for a while.

:)

mauriceb
06-23-2009, 07:04 AM
But, I just have to do the J-rails;). They are designed. But I am not going to reveal the design yet. I think you will like it when I publish pictures of the finished prototype:)

Hi Ivar,

I wasn't at all suggesting you should do it that way. I have no doubts you will come up with something much better than this ;). This was just a suggestion for anyone wanting to do it on their own but lacking the skills or means to design & build a J rail system.

But on that note, I'm sure you know there are different types of seats with different rail systems. Is your design going to be adaptable to various types of real airplane seats or will it be designed specifically for the seats you are working on?

Thanks,
Maurice

ivar hestnes
06-23-2009, 11:44 AM
Dont you worry Maurice. I know very well what you ment:). And I agree 100% with you. There are lots of possibilities to make rail/glider-systems.

Sorry, but I just cant release the complete plans for the seats yet. More news will follow later. But I have ideas that I think and hope lots of the builders will appreciate:).

mrcadillac
08-29-2009, 10:55 AM
More news will follow later.
hi,
any news on this exciting theme?
regards, christian

ivar hestnes
08-29-2009, 01:48 PM
They are still a work in progress.

Have been delayed working on the seats for a month due to other things that needed priority.

But, basically all the metal parts are cut. Have slowly started the assembly. But still many hours work before I have pictures to show.

Hopefully something in a few weeks, but time will show. I am not rushing on the seats.

Thank you for your interest:)

Ivar H.

mrcadillac
08-30-2009, 03:28 AM
thanks for this info!
and keep up your great work!
regards, christian

fly_ebos
10-13-2010, 03:59 PM
A year later. Is this project still in your planning Ivar?
Any updates?

nax228
10-14-2010, 02:19 AM
Ivar isn't around here any more, but I can tell that this project is terminated and he has tried to sell the parts and drawings already made.