PDA

View Full Version : 777 Pilot Dies In Flight

No Longer Active
06-18-2009, 12:28 PM
Read All About It:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090618/twl-emergency-landing-as-pilot-dies-mid-41f21e0.html

Matt Olieman
06-18-2009, 12:52 PM
It's sad when someone dies, it's hard on family and friends, I feel for them.

But, why the news makes such a big event of it is beyond me. There was no emergency, there was plenty of pilots on board. They love to sensationalize anything they can get hold of. That's sad too!!!

Matt Olieman

No Longer Active
06-18-2009, 01:53 PM
True....

But at the end of the day avi news is avi news!

Alex

Matt Olieman
06-18-2009, 02:19 PM
Not a problem posting the news, I was just commenting regarding the Media's response. I appreciate your post. :)

Matt Olieman

Bob Reed
06-18-2009, 05:10 PM
I have to agree with how the news treats things. There was no emergency.. The folks at the controls land the plane all the time......

ianspencer
07-16-2010, 03:53 AM
I dated an air hostess for a while, who had a passenger die on an international flight and she said that they had to move him to the back of the plane without letting others know that he had died, and then they positioned him like he was asleep.

ian@737ng.co.uk
07-16-2010, 01:42 PM
It's sad when someone dies, it's hard on family and friends, I feel for them.

But, why the news makes such a big event of it is beyond me. There was no emergency, there was plenty of pilots on board. They love to sensationalize anything they can get hold of. That's sad too!!!

Matt Olieman

hi matt.......
i totally agree with you but,
sensationalism sells mass media doesn't it. sad, but that's how the hack's make their living.
and as humans, we just are just always interested in somebody else's misfortune. hmmmm!
rgds ...
ian