PDA

View Full Version : Sound transfer

Geremy Britton
06-17-2009, 12:49 PM
I have a question to present to the builders. Notably those who are experienced with the behind the scenes FS config.

I've read this months PC Pilot magazine and it mentions sound transfer. I've had this problem for a while: I prefer the default boeing 737 cockpit becuase hardware such as my goflight MCP etc all work with this. However i love the more developed real recording of the engline sounds from the PMDG aircraft.

Is there a way to copy the .config or other code etc from the 'PMDG 737NG' engine noise to work on the default fs2004 737, This would be great!

Please let me know if this is at all possible and if you can advise me on how to go about this i would be really pleased.

This would be a breakthrough for other people too, as i certainly didn't know this could be done until i read the article.

I look forward to some thoughts and information.

Regards

Jackpilot
06-17-2009, 05:59 PM
I am not sure about the PMDG but any sound package usually works that way:
just rename your sound file ie: oldsound ( easy to revert if needed) and keep it there, and put the new sound file( including all the waves and the sound.cfg) in the aircraft folder...that's it

Jackpilot
06-17-2009, 06:03 PM
Note:Your hardware should work with other 737 like Posky or Freeware Flight Group which have a far superior flight model than the default. Problems happen with softs like PMDG because they integrate their own logic.

Geremy Britton
06-17-2009, 06:06 PM
Thanks jack .. your recommendations and help have been taken on board. Quite literally i suppose. (Pun not intended) LOL

davek
06-17-2009, 06:48 PM
I would imagine you would have to ensure that the sound files are also names exactly the same as those of the aricaft you are flying.

While most naming conventions are fairly standard you may find that the PMDG ac may have extra or diff names to the default ac and if it cant find the sound file, it may cause problems.

Jackpilot
06-17-2009, 09:54 PM
The conformity of names is strictly between the wave files and the sound.cfg., both being part of the Sound File.
Has nothing to do with the aircraft flown.
PMDG maybe an exception to that rule

Geremy Britton
06-25-2009, 06:24 AM
Mainly a question for Jack however any others' knowledge could be helpful. As Jack mentioned using the Posky 737 or Freeware flight group. To be honest i had never heard of these companies before i googled them after you said.

Could you tell me a bit about what they are... Is it an aircraft like PMDG which is similar to the default but uses the same logic as the default FS2004 737?

How would this help with developing the better quality sounds rather than the FS2004 default sounds. Do the companies come with their own developed sound or is this a solution to the sound transfer.

I would like to look into this idea further.
Thank you for your help.