PDA

View Full Version : SOL7 Question

jmig
06-16-2009, 08:05 AM
I just purchased three Optoma EX-525ST short throw projectors. I plan on using rear projection and want to know if SOL7 will work with rear projection. I read through the long thread and never saw anything mention of rear projection.

Thanks,

Trevor Hale
06-16-2009, 08:10 AM
You can twist the image any number of ways with SOL7. but that doesn't matter cause the rear projection is a function of the projector not SOL7. when you reverse the image on the projector from Front Projection to Rear, everything is the same regardless.

But you can warp the image "Forwards" or "Backwards" so you have no worries. If your going to curve your screen it is the best option.

Trev

jmig
06-16-2009, 09:39 AM
You can twist the image any number of ways with SOL7. but that doesn't matter cause the rear projection is a function of the projector not SOL7. when you reverse the image on the projector from Front Projection to Rear, everything is the same regardless.

But you can warp the image "Forwards" or "Backwards" so you have no worries. If your going to curve your screen it is the best option.

Trev

So Trev, you are saying that it doesn't matter if the screen is concave or convex to the SOL7 software, it can handle the curvature.

BHawthorne
10-11-2009, 10:51 PM
I also have 3 EX525ST and Sol7. I'd be interested in seeing how you setup turns out. The short throw on the projectors is really nice so far.

Fly_AB
10-12-2009, 11:41 PM
Hello BHawthorne,
Can you advice us how sharp the projection result using EX525ST ?

Thank you,
AB