PDA

View Full Version : FSUIPC Version 0

rullysimo
06-12-2009, 07:38 PM
Dear fellow builders,

I am setting up Project Magenta on my system, running FS9. Installed and registered the FSUIPC and widefs. However when I run widefs, it does not log into the FS. Ran PMFilecheck and I get the attached message saying that no version number on the FSUIPC, that the fs does not appear to be running.

What could be the problem? can somebody help?

Best regards,
Rullysimo

Trevor Hale
06-12-2009, 07:45 PM
When you run MSFS, and you go to the Modules pull down menu, FSUIPC, what version does it say you have installed.

I am concerned you are trying to use 4.XXXX with FS9, If you are running FS9 you need to be using FSUIPC 3.XXX

Additionally, WideFS is registered and running on your FSPC. Make sure you are running the FREE WideClient Softwares on your other Project Magenta Computers on the network.

When you run Wide Client on one of those computers you should see in MSFS on the top bar, how many clients are connected.

Good Luck.

Trev

rullysimo
06-12-2009, 07:52 PM
Hey Trevor,

Thank you for your answer. Yes I have installed both FSUIPC and Wideclient on the FSPC. The FSUIPC I have installed is the 3.9 version for FS9. Then as per the instruction, I installed wideclient on the client PC.

With everything setup as described, the clients cannot communicate with the server. That is why then I ran PMFilecheck which tells me that there is no version number on the FSUIPC.

Best regards,
Rullysimo

Trevor Hale
06-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Ok, what your having then is a network issue. it says fsupic ver 0 vecause the pmfile check or widefs can't se the wideserver.ini file.

Basic Networking to start.

1. Turn all hardware and software firewalls off
2. make sure you can ping all machines from all machines
3. make sure when you are sure the above is done that you goto your FMC and under Maintenanced select net dir and tell it to create one. Do not let it create it program files\ anything as this can't be read from anywhere.

4. in each of your wideclient.ini files on all your pc's make sure that either the server name or ip address is correct.

5. once you load MSFS do you see at the top is should say "WideFS Waiting for clients"

6. then start wideclient on one pc, and you should instantly see 1 client connected at the top of your FS Window, slowly add clients until you have 5 or 6 connected, or whatever your running.

If you have done everything as stated above, and you still can't get it connect, I suggest you contact FSUIPC support, it sounds like there might be something wrong with your install.

Best regards, if there is anything else I can help with, please let me know.

rullysimo
06-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Ok, the only thing I have not done is the netdir. Will try that. Also I will deinstall and reinstall the FSUIPC + Wideserver just to make sure. But first I'll try the netdir.

thank you,

rullysimo
06-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Still does not work. I'm using Windows XP SP3, could it be because WideFS and FSUIPC do not support the OS?

sas550
06-13-2009, 02:57 AM
Also make sure that the pc's are in the same workgroup

Trevor Hale
06-13-2009, 10:10 AM
Still does not work. I'm using Windows XP SP3, could it be because WideFS and FSUIPC do not support the OS?

No.. Not possible.

I really think you still have a network issue, or your widefs and wide client are not able to see each other for some reason.

On your flight simulator computer Using the windows interface, (Windows Explorer) can you browse through the network and actually get to the wide client directory on "ALL" of your other computers and see all the files?

Make sure you have file and printer sharing on.

Make sure you are using TCP/IP protocols.

just keep trying. you will have big satisfaction when it works, but I can tell you form experience, really it shouldn't be this hard.

Bassey
11-25-2009, 01:16 PM
Hello Rullysimo..hope u had had the problem sorted if not let me know ...plz...i had the same problem but mind is sorted now..

HansJansen
11-27-2009, 06:58 AM
Hey Trevor,

Thank you for your answer. Yes I have installed both FSUIPC and Wideclient on the FSPC. The FSUIPC I have installed is the 3.9 version for FS9. Then as per the instruction, I installed wideclient on the client PC.

With everything setup as described, the clients cannot communicate with the server. That is why then I ran PMFilecheck which tells me that there is no version number on the FSUIPC.

Best regards,
Rullysimo

Hi,

I hope you mistyped the above statement... You run Wideclient only on the client computers; on the FS PC you need WideServer!

If that is the case, I will shut up in shame...

justinm001
11-27-2009, 07:55 AM
I had the same issue, couldnt get anything to talk to FSUIPC 3.90..
I downloaded 3.73 and everything works 100%

Hello Rullysimo..hope u had had the problem sorted if not let me know ...plz...i had the same problem but mind is sorted now..

Peter Dowson
11-27-2009, 08:08 AM
I had the same issue, couldnt get anything to talk to FSUIPC 3.90..
I downloaded 3.73 and everything works 100%

In that case either your system date is wrong, or you did not read the instructions and update your system to include the GlobalSign root fix.

The current main FSUIPC version for FS9 and before is 3.93 which also includes an installer to do that job for you -- but you still need to get the system date correct!

There are later versions of FSUIPC available in my support forum but you should install the main release first.

You'll get no support from me if you stay on old versions.

Pete

justinm001
11-28-2009, 01:24 AM
cool thanks for that. I reread the documentation and my system time was correct and the digital cert of the dll was reported as OK.. I downloaded the new version 3.947 from your site and its working like a charm now.
(not to sure why, but either way)

thanks again :)