PDA

View Full Version : Airbus Set On Fire

CessnaGuy
06-11-2009, 05:31 AM
Read all about it:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20090611/twl-australia-probes-a330-blaze-after-fo-4bdc673.html

warvet
06-11-2009, 05:51 AM
WOW!! Im starting to think that Airbus maybe needs to do a complete checkup of all 320 330 and 340s this is crazy.

Tim

davek
06-11-2009, 06:05 AM
maybe time to change the name from Airbus to AirbuRNs

Not a good record for them in the past week. I am doing my itinerary for going to Lelystad for the fsweekend and one of the flights is on a 330. Its a QANTAS airbus which is the parent company for Jetstar. QANTAS have a great safety record for many years but just in the past 12 months there have been a few incidents.
And they want me to sit in one for 7 hours ... mmm second thoughts..

CessnaGuy
06-11-2009, 06:31 AM
Didn't a small section of aircraft such as a piece of the floor/door/fuselage fall of from a Qantas flight once?

Can't remember if it was one of their airbus or jumbo fleet of aircraft.

davek
06-11-2009, 06:39 AM
From memory it was a boeing when a service door on the front right side opened/ripped off, and there was the bus that had some problem with doing a couple of steep dives causing injury to the pax. Having a bad run lately

CessnaGuy
06-11-2009, 06:40 AM
Yeah that's the one........

Wasn't too long ago either!

CessnaGuy
06-11-2009, 06:47 AM
Also.....

It's funny how this has been kept quiet for a week!

Geremy Britton
06-11-2009, 10:38 AM
Alex, Don't go saying that stuff in an airport terminal at the Quantas boarding gate will you LOL They'll have more people diverting through the arrivals gate than the departures for the plane.

Out of a matter or interest i wonder if any of our members' are building a sim because they are afraid of flying to become a commercial pilot and hence go for the next best thing. Just a thought which sprung into my head.

anyway.

PDT 200
06-11-2009, 10:41 AM
I've always heard they were called "Scare-Bus":rolleyes:
regards
Brian

warvet
06-11-2009, 12:03 PM
WOAH! WOW! LOL Alex your just full of good news aren't ya mate. :) I feel so much better now and Im sure all our fellow members do too :) However anyone ever hoping as a lifelong dream to become a commercial pilot and fly the friendly blue skies with great wages, paid vacations, pretty flight attendants and happy customers who love your skill of getting them to their destination of choice .... Has been completely and Utterly destroyed, Crushed, Decimated lol ALEX HAS NEWS FOR YOU FOLKS! YOU HAVE NO FUTURE YOUR DONE FINISHED, OVER! YOU MIGHT AS WELL PUT IN YOUR APPLICATION AT THE GOLDEN ARCHES CAUSE YOU ARE HISTORY MATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL "Evil Laugh" LMAO I love that rosy picture you painted Alex :) Sorry couldn't resist was jjk but very funny.

Tim

PDT 200
06-11-2009, 06:21 PM
Well maybe, I built my sim because I can no longer enjoy the benefits of being a licensed pilot. (unable to pass medical 16 years ago) That brought my dreams of being a commercial pilot to a screaming halt. I was set to go to a major flight training center and pay over $30,000.00 for the treaining to a FO seat on a Regional Airline. If I wanted to go through the hassle of trying to regain a 3rd class medical and become current, to what end? I can't justify the expense and I can't earn any money flying so what's the use? If I really can't stand being on the ground I go to a local flight school and rent the instructor and plane for an hour or two and fly about the country side. The sim allows me to do that without it costing me $250.00 for plane and inst. for those 2 hours or so. My sim is flexable enough so that I can fly anything from a PA-128 to a 747 if I so desire and I can fly my local area with much the same view as if I did it for real. The only thing missing is the motion and a 200 degree field of view.
Regards,
Brian

Jackpilot
06-11-2009, 11:47 PM
Enjoy it Brian...you are absolutely right...if it's not the medical, one day or another we all have to hang the uniform in the closet and stay grounded.
Simming is a great hobby, it helps going through the transition.

BTW very oddly, Airline pilots in France went on strike because there was a proposed legislation to set retirement age to 65 instead of the actual 60.....!!!!!!

Have a great flight, and enjoy life.
Jack

Geremy Britton
06-12-2009, 05:40 AM
Thanks for your post Brian. And i whole heartedly agree with you there. :)