PDA

View Full Version : SquawkBox question

PHLpilot
06-05-2009, 02:01 PM
When I look at videos of online flying on youtube all the other traffic moves around smoothly and without lag, but my traffic seams to have lag and jerk around. What can I do to improve this?

Is there something in the squawkbox settings that I can change to make other traffic move smoothly across my screen?

sas550
06-05-2009, 03:32 PM
Hi!

First I think people tend to present the best parts in their videos (I don't blame them for that.). At times there are some jerky movements of other traffic for all of us with SB. But it can be caused by many different things such as pc spec, network settings, virus scanner and even sound device performance. Best is to search the SB forum and post your Q there.

Good luck

o76o
06-08-2009, 06:59 AM
When I look at videos of online flying on youtube all the other traffic moves around smoothly and without lag, but my traffic seams to have lag and jerk around. What can I do to improve this?

Is there something in the squawkbox settings that I can change to make other traffic move smoothly across my screen?

Squawkbox has an option to increase updates on traffic position, by default this is quite low (5 i think), bump this up to 10-15 and traffic will appear smoother. I have mine on 15. I have not tried it on the the maximum setting of 20 yet.

AchillesP
06-08-2009, 07:53 AM

Hi,

It depends from

1.) Server connection
2.) Your connection
3.) Other people connection (the aircrafts you see)

If all goes well then there is no lag, but as you can imagine this is impossible with this kind of software tecnhology. It has to be b2b (user to user) connection for no lag.