PDA

View Full Version : Leo Bodnar board and Poteniometers

mach7
05-21-2009, 10:39 AM
Hello;

I am trying to setup some sliding pots for thrust control through my leo bodnar board.

I have never worked with pots before, but have ordered the ALPS RS6011Y50K slide potentiometer...60mm travel.

I notice on one end of the unit are two tabs for input/output (?) and the other has 4 tabs for input/output (?).

I guess my question is.....which and what do I connect to my bodnar board for operation?

Any information you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

- Jim

No Longer Active
05-21-2009, 11:04 AM
Hi

I have sent you a PM, so check your inbox as i have explained everything in full for you.

Hope it helps.

Alex

Leo Bodnar
05-21-2009, 01:45 PM
http://sigma.octopart.com/626232/datasheet/ALPS-RS6011Y50K.pdf
If you look at the last page you can see pins numbered 1,2,3.
Pins 1 and 3 are GND and +5V and pin 2 is the wiper - it connects to controller's analogue INPUT. This should work for any joystick controller, not only BU0836.

No Longer Active
05-21-2009, 02:21 PM
Leo's back......

Woohoo! Where ya been buddy?, long time no see!

Leo Bodnar
05-21-2009, 07:29 PM
Leo's back......
Woohoo! Where ya been buddy?, long time no see!
:-P I have been around but haven't been posting much.

NigelD
07-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Hi

I have sent you a PM, so check your inbox as i have explained everything in full for you.

Hope it helps.

Alex

Hi Alex,
Any chance you could fire that PM over to me aswell? I'm thinking ahead to a few things I could do with pots too. I take it they need a power source? I'm using the BU0836X card too btw...

Thanks,
Nigel.

ian@737ng.co.uk
07-05-2009, 01:50 PM
hi nigel.....
your pot gets it's 5v from the card itself, so no outside power source needed.
just hook it up to 5v (n axis) and gnd and way to go.
any probs, mail me and i'll give you a blow by blow account.
rgds ... ian

NigelD
07-05-2009, 02:10 PM
Hi Ian,
Thanks very much, that makes good sense to me. I'm probably going to start with a steering tiller and see how that works. Looks very easy actually, so I'm probably missing something! If that comes off, I'll try some throttles at a later stage.

The ole project has come along a bit since I went up to see you last November. I've rebuilt my pedestal too, and it's a bit less 'crap'!!!

I was going to drop you an email to clarify something about the USBKeys card though. I've read your PDF about it. Most of it I understand - you do have a gift for explaining this stuff. The new site looks great too btw!

Thanks again!
Nigel.

richard hutchinson
07-19-2009, 02:39 PM
Blimey Ian - you must be on every forum mate. Just found this forum. Still looking for answers to the fsxpand problem. Maybe, just maybe if I enter it on enough forums I will find the answer, lol

Rich

flyboy01
07-20-2009, 07:05 AM
Just wondering if anyone can explain some strange activity with my Leo Bodnar board? Here goes.
For my throttle quadrent, all my pots work and move in fsuipc, ie the values change as supposed to. however, my spoiler pot when at position 1 reads value o.ooooo and when moved a fraction goes full scale. ther is no display of gradual movement of my pot. Any ideas???
Cheers for the help in advance
Trev