PDA

View Full Version : What are you working on?

Bob Reed
12-09-2006, 06:45 PM
Come on guys, it is cold outside. What are you all working on? Share with us! :)

ekezz
12-10-2006, 03:43 PM
I'm working on this site ;) and on the upgrade to FSX and on my MIP and Overhead

Bob Reed
12-10-2006, 03:52 PM
Well I am not going to upgrade to FSX right now. I am going to continue to use FS9 in the sim. Will be putting the MIP in tomorrow and then the carpeting... Working on the computers right now . I think I will do a full, fresh reinstall of everything on all the machines... YAK.......

Bob Reed
12-10-2006, 03:55 PM
Oh yes... And pictures.. We like pictures!!!

737NUT
12-10-2006, 07:53 PM
Oh yes... And pictures.. We like pictures!!!

I am working on code for my AutoBrake Disarm annunciator/ I'm using SIOC and so far, it is working good.

I will post some pics of my sim soon.

AndyT
12-10-2006, 09:37 PM
I'm working on my tan.
Love living in Hawaii!:p

737NUT
12-10-2006, 09:58 PM
I'm working on my tan.
Love living in Hawaii!:p

No thanks, I like SNOW! :) I can just 'fake bake' w/o the skin cancer worries.

cscotthendry
12-11-2006, 05:29 PM
Hi:

I'm working on the PIC code to get my flight controls (Elev, Ail Rud) working. It will be CAN bus linked to the server PC along with everything else in the sim.

Scott
Http://home.exetel.com.au/flightsim

AndyT
12-11-2006, 09:08 PM
Well since part of my job is outside I get my fair share of sun.

On my sim I'm getting ready to install another peice of GoFlight to my radio stack.
I have the LCD working and installed now along with my Avionics stack (what there is of it so far)

Now I just need to get my LCD to use Fullscreen mode. I'm using Maxivista to try and get it going. Hopefully I wont have to re-wire it to run off my main system. That's going to be a pain if I do.

Bob Reed
12-12-2006, 11:39 PM
Ok folks! Here is what I have been working on.. And I just finished putting the carpet in... http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=542

Matt Olieman
12-13-2006, 09:37 AM
Hey Bob.... you're moving right along :D You'll be flying before you know it!!!!

I'm impressed.... Good for you... :D

Trevor Hale
12-15-2006, 09:10 AM
You are correct.. It is cold outside.. Because of that it seems to be taking longer for my fiberglass to dry on my 900 Roof section.

As well, We just can't rush these things.

I just have to sand the roof, install the roof lighting, and reading lights.

Then cover the outside. Fun fun fun. Hows that Carpet coming there Bob?

Trev

Michael Carter
12-15-2006, 10:32 AM
Well, after discovering that Mouser sent me the wrong pots for my throttle, I'm waiting on new Panasonic pots to arrive for a second round of pot installation. :evil:

In the mean time, I'm getting some flying in for my airline and taking care of admin duties.

I should be working on the three overhead light plates that have been sitting on my bench for a month. They are the internal lighting LP's for the overhead.

I also have a Boeing window heat module that I should be probing to figure out the pin-out arrangement on the sockets so I can wire it to the sim. I only have about half of the pins charted. That one has been sitting on the bench longer than the light plates have.

Along with all of that, I'm in the preliminary stages of drawing up the full-size MIP as far over as the gear panel on .010" sheet plastic. This is to give me an idea of size and instrument placement. I don't know whether or not this will become the front of the MIP or if I'll use it as a pattern for an aluminum MIP.

I need to buy a couple of cheap non-working instruments of the correct size for a reference. I'm working from what I believe are 1/2 scale drawings provided by Delta. I need the instruments to be sure of my measurements.

Bob Reed
12-15-2006, 12:34 PM
Oh it is good to see that there is work going on! Trever the carpet is in and I have made a couple of test flights already! THere will be new pictures today. I have held off taking more as the monitors in the MIP where not all the ones was going to use. Just picked up the last one this morning so now I can finish the monitor instalation. My goal for today is to get the MCP and EPIC all installed. And maybe... just maybee.. set a 42" monitor! We will see how it all goes..

NicD
12-15-2006, 07:17 PM
I've been flying the test rig too. Lots of work going on software/config wise, plus new projectors have arrived and I'm testing with one so far. TripeHead20Go and curved mirror/screen testing to start real soon! Pics at: http://www.insitesolutions.com.au/737project/construction_diary.htm

Matt Olieman
12-15-2006, 08:25 PM
Nice pics Nic... must give you nice feel looking at the big screen :)

Bob Reed
12-16-2006, 02:28 AM
Well I did not get the MCP in but I am working in it. Got the CDU working again and lined up all the software. Also took a few shots of it powered up so here they are. http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=542

737NUT
12-16-2006, 09:45 AM
Great work Bob! All my work lately has been coding and wiring so your side is a fresh change. :)

Bob Reed
12-16-2006, 02:11 PM
Great work Bob! All my work lately has been coding and wiring so your side is a fresh change. :)

Hey Rob and thank you. Never thought I would see the pit get to this stage. Still a few things I need to work out but it is flying again. I should have the MCP back in today and then I will start working on the EFIS panels. I also have a "guid" I want to write up on a realy big question most new builders have on " how much room do I need"? and I want to get that done while it is still fresh in my head! So much to do so little time! Just a side note I spent about 40hrs on the sim this past week and still had time for house work, job ext.... Whew.... Don't think I will do that again!
:)

Paul Thomas
12-17-2006, 02:43 PM
It's been raining here outside Bergen, on the Norwegian west coast, for 45 days now, so I've had plenty of time "flying" in the beautiful Carribeans. Seems we're going to get a wet christmas. Have taken some time off from Cockpitbuilding the last weeks, but will soon be back.
Regards Paul

jabomeister
12-22-2006, 11:54 AM
I'm working on the next version of my desktop cockpit.
I need a 15 inch LCD screen for the instrument panel, but I'm waiting for prices to come down to about $75 for a new one with warranty.

One of the sensations of real flight I would like to recreate is that of pushing a throttle into the instrument panel. Right now I only have the Microsoft Sidewinder joystick. I don't plan to spend over 100 dollars on any commercially available alternative.

But this week I came across a broken tool that would make a perfect throttle rod with a perfectly ergonomic grip.

So the new panel is going to be delayed a bit while I build first a throttle,flaps and gear module using a Gravis gamepad for interface.

And get this, I am not planning to take the gamepad apart!
Right now the main problem is that although the gamepad is recognized as a joystick, the software doesn't load and I cannot assign keystrokes to the controls.

Bob Reed
12-22-2006, 12:22 PM
Today I will be working on Epic code for the EFIS panel I wired up last night and the knobs. But first I think I will go for a flight! So nice to be able to do that once again!!! :)